* local environment?
@ 2015-08-05  1:05 talazem
From: talazem @ 2015-08-05  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

What is the replacement for `localenvironment` in project structures?

The first part of my book has one layout; the second has another. I have designed one environment for the first part, and another environment for the second. I do not want the first environment to be used for the second half of the book.

In cont-eni.pdf, I read about using `localenvironment` for such scenarios, but it seems this has been removed.

This is probably a very basic question, but how do I should change the following such that *one pdf* is produced, where the first part—ComponentA—uses EnvironmentA’s layout, while the second part—ComponentB—uses EnvironmentB's. If any startsetups need to be defined, I’d be grateful for any example, showing also where to place them.

# Product
\startproduct MyProduct
\component ComponentA
\component ComponentB
\stopproduct

# EnvironmentA
\startenvironment envA
	% the definitions
\stopenvironment

# EnvironmentB
\startenvironment envB
	% the definitions
\stopenvironment

# ComponentA
\environment envA
\product MyProduct
\startcomponent ComponentA
\starttext
	…
\stoptext

# ComponentB
\environment envB
\product MyProduct
\startcomponent ComponentA
\starttext
	…
\stoptext

---
With thanks,
Talal

* Re: local environment?
@ 2015-08-05 11:41 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-08-05 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/5/2015 3:05 AM, talazem@fastmail.fm wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> What is the replacement for `localenvironment` in project structures?
>
> The first part of my book has one layout; the second has another. I have designed one environment for the first part, and another environment for the second. I do not want the first environment to be used for the second half of the book.
>
> In cont-eni.pdf, I read about using `localenvironment` for such scenarios, but it seems this has been removed.
>
> This is probably a very basic question, but how do I should change the following such that *one pdf* is produced, where the first part—ComponentA—uses EnvironmentA’s layout, while the second part—ComponentB—uses EnvironmentB's. If any startsetups need to be defined, I’d be grateful for any example, showing also where to place them.
>
> # Product
> \startproduct MyProduct
> \component ComponentA
> \component ComponentB
> \stopproduct
>
> # EnvironmentA
> \startenvironment envA
> 	% the definitions
> \stopenvironment
>
> # EnvironmentB
> \startenvironment envB
> 	% the definitions
> \stopenvironment
>
> # ComponentA
> \environment envA
> \product MyProduct
> \startcomponent ComponentA
> \starttext
> 	…
> \stoptext
>
> # ComponentB
> \environment envB
> \product MyProduct
> \startcomponent ComponentA
> \starttext
> 	…
> \stoptext

(1) set up a common style and then load specific ones for each part

or

(2) use grouping \start \component #1 \stop although this assumes that
settings are not global

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: local environment?
@ 2015-08-05 12:43   ` talazem
From: talazem @ 2015-08-05 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans, just to clarify (as I’m still new to the language of ConTeXt):
- By ‘style’ you mean environment?
- And by ‘common style’ you mean one, single environment document?
- Finally, by ‘this assumes that settings are not global’: what settings — the environment?

My apologies for the avalanche of questions.