* Re: Text around a figure in a framedtext (Wolfgang Schuster)
       [not found] <mailman.1.1439028001.13416.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2015-08-08 13:49 ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2015-08-08 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Wolfgang,

> You have to use \starthanging instead of \placefgure when you’re in a frame.
>
> \starttext
>
> \startframedtext[width=max]
>     \starthanging[location=right]
>         {\startMPcode
>          draw unitsquare scaled 2cm ;
>          \stopMPcode}
>     \input tufte
>     \stophanging
> \stopframedtext
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Thank you for letting me know the command “starthanging”.
I tried the command  “\startfiguretext … \stopfiguretext”, and found that there is no text below the square.

\startframedtext[width=\textwidth]{
\startfiguretext[right,none]{}{%
\startMPcode
 draw unitsquare scaled 2cm ;
 \stopMPcode}
\input knuth
\stopfiguretext}
\stopframedtext

Your example worked fine, but if we replace tufte by knuth, then text is written over the square while the tufte’s text was witten surround the square.
Is it expected result?

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: Text around a figure in a framedtext (Wolfgang Schuster)
@ 2015-08-08 14:10   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2015-08-08 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jeong,

You are right, but probably this is due to the way the source file knuth.tex is encoded: if you replace
	\input knuth
by the text itself, that is by the following

Thus, I came to the conclusion that the designer of a new system must not only be the implementer and first large--scale user; the designer should also write the first user manual.
The separation of any of these four components would have hurt TEX significantly. If I had not participated fully in all these activities, literally hundreds of improve- ments would never have been made, because I would never have thought of them or perceived why they were important.
But a system cannot be successful if it is too strongly influenced by a single person. Once the initial design is complete and fairly robust, the real test begins as people with many different viewpoints undertake their own experiments.

then the text is wrapped around the figure when using \starthanging.

Best regards: OK

@ 2015-08-08 14:21   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-08-08 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)