* margindata does not work in latest beta
@ 2015-08-08 12:26 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2015-08-08 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

margindata have stopped to work in the latest beta. Simple test

\setuplayout [leftmargin=2cm]

\starttext

Thus, I came to the conclusion that the designer of a new
system must not only be the implementer and first
large-scale \inleft{100}user; the designer should also write the first
user manual.

\stoptext

works with 2015.07.24 13:58, no output in margin with 2015.08.04 01:25

All best

Thomas

* Re: margindata does not work in latest beta
@ 2015-08-08 13:32 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2015-08-08 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Thomas,

Your file gives the expected result here, with
	ConTeXt  ver: 2015.08.05 16:35 MKIV beta  fmt: 2015.8.7  int: english/english

Please see the attached output.
Best regards: OK

[-- Attachment #2: margindata.pdf --]

@ 2015-08-11  9:55   ` Schmitz Thomas A.
From: Schmitz Thomas A. @ 2015-08-11  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 08 Aug 2015, at 15:32, Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Your file gives the expected result here, with
> 	ConTeXt  ver: 2015.08.05 16:35 MKIV beta  fmt: 2015.8.7  int: english/english
>
> Please see the attached output.
> Best regards: OK

Hi Otared,

and right you are! Must have been a temporary problem with the one beta I was using, thanks for testing!

Which, however, brings me to a similar question: in the following example, which also has columns, the linenumbering doesn’t stop where I would expect. Is this a bug or a limitation of context?

\setuplayout [leftmargin=2cm]

\setupbodyfont [times,10pt]

\setuplinenumbering [step=1,location=inmargin]

\setupcolumns [n=2]

\starttext

\startcolumns
\startlinenumbering
Had we but world enough, and time,

This coyness, Lady, were no crime.

We would sit down and think which way

To walk and pass our long love’s day.

Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side

Shouldst rubies find: I by the tide

Of Humber would complain. I would

Love you ten years before the Flood,

And you should, if you please, refuse
\stoplinenumbering
\column

Till the conversion of the Jews.

My vegetable love should grow

Vaster than empires, and more slow;

An hundred years should go to praise

Thine eyes and on thy forehead gaze;

Two hundred to adore each breast;

But thirty thousand to the rest;

An age at least to every part,

And the last age should show your heart;

For, Lady, you deserve this state,

Nor would I love at lower rate.
\stopcolumns

\stoptext

* Re: margindata does not work in latest beta
@ 2015-08-11 10:23     ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2015-08-11 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Thomas,

I tested your example file and looked into my archive tests: it seems that a bug has appeared recently, maybe when Hans changed something in order to have linenumbering working in floats.
Indeed now the linenumbering does not work in mkiv, neither when using \startsimplecolumns (it works in mkii) or \startmixedcolumns.
Line numbering used to work fine in columns, and the line numbers were printed to the left of the left column, and to the right of the right column.
It is better to open a new thread on the subject in order for Hans to be informed of the issue.

By the way, why don’t you use \startlines …. \stoplines for your poetry? Is there a particular reason regarding line spacing and so forth?

Best regards: OK

@ 2015-08-11 15:38       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-08-11 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/11/2015 12:23 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:

> It is better to open a new thread on the subject in order for Hans to be informed of the issue.

it's not recent, this issue, just some duplicate number application side
effect already there for a while

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE