* \defineprocessor and \at
@ 2015-08-03 22:18 Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2015-08-03 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Should processors work with references? I would think that they should,
but the following fails. (My backmatter page numbers need to be marked
to distinguish them from bodymatter pages. I can automate applying a
processor based on the location for index register entries, but not for
references.)

    \defineprocessor[xx][style=slanted,after=n]
    \starttext
    \section[xxx]{Processor testing}
    Why cannot a processor be applied to a reference? \at[xx->xxx]
    \stoptext

--
Rik

* Re: \defineprocessor and \at
@ 2015-08-11 18:34 ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2015-08-11 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2015-08-03 18:18, Rik Kabel wrote:
> Should processors work with references? I would think that they
> should, but the following fails. (My backmatter page numbers need to
> be marked to distinguish them from bodymatter pages. I can automate
> applying a processor based on the location for index register entries,
> but not for references.)
>
>     \defineprocessor[xx][style=slanted,after=n]
>     \starttext
>     \section[xxx]{Processor testing}
>     Why cannot a processor be applied to a reference? \at[xx->xxx]
>     \stoptext

Anyone?

--
Rik

* Re: \defineprocessor and \at
@ 2015-08-11 18:49 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-08-11 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Rik Kabel <mailto:context@rik.users.panix.com>
> 4. August 2015 00:18
> Should processors work with references? I would think that they
> should, but the following fails. (My backmatter page numbers need to
> be marked to distinguish them from bodymatter pages. I can automate
> applying a processor based on the location for index register entries,
> but not for references.)
\defineprocessor [bodypart] [style=bold]
\defineprocessor [backpart] [style=italic]

\defineconversionset[bodypart:pagenumber][][bodypart->n]
\defineconversionset[backpart:pagenumber][][backpart->n]

\setupheadertexts[{\convertedcounter[userpage][numberconversionset=number]}]

\starttext

\startbodymatter

\chapter[sec:knuth]{Knuth}

\at{page}[sec:knuth]\par
\at{page}[sec:zapf]

\stopbodymatter

\startbackmatter

\chapter[sec:zapf]{Zapf}

\at{page}[sec:knuth]\par
\at{page}[sec:zapf]

\stopbackmatter

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: \defineprocessor and \at
@ 2015-08-11 19:41   ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2015-08-11 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2015-08-11 14:49, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Rik Kabel <mailto:context@rik.users.panix.com>
>> 4. August 2015 00:18
>> Should processors work with references? I would think that they
>> should, but the following fails. (My backmatter page numbers need to
>> be marked to distinguish them from bodymatter pages. I can automate
>> applying a processor based on the location for index register
>> entries, but not for references.)
> \defineprocessor [bodypart] [style=bold]
> \defineprocessor [backpart] [style=italic]
>
> \defineconversionset[bodypart:pagenumber][][bodypart->n]
> \defineconversionset[backpart:pagenumber][][backpart->n]
>
> \setupheadertexts[{\convertedcounter[userpage][numberconversionset=number]}]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startbodymatter
>
> \chapter[sec:knuth]{Knuth}
>
> \at{page}[sec:knuth]\par
> \at{page}[sec:zapf]
>
> \stopbodymatter
>
> \startbackmatter
>
> \chapter[sec:zapf]{Zapf}
>
> \at{page}[sec:knuth]\par
> \at{page}[sec:zapf]
>
> \stopbackmatter
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Thank you, Wolfgang, for that. But it still does not handle the after
key, as I had in my example, and which works in a processor for index
entries. Is there no way to do this?

--
Rik

* Re: \defineprocessor and \at
@ 2015-08-11 19:48     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-08-11 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Rik Kabel <mailto:context@rik.users.panix.com>
> 11. August 2015 21:41
> On 2015-08-11 14:49, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Thank you, Wolfgang, for that. But it still does not handle the after
> key, as I had in my example, and which works in a processor for index
> entries. Is there no way to do this?
The processor mechanism has no after key and I have no idea what it is
shoudl do.

Wolfgang

* Re: \defineprocessor and \at
@ 2015-08-11 20:03       ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2015-08-11 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2015-08-11 15:48, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Rik Kabel <mailto:context@rik.users.panix.com>
>> 11. August 2015 21:41
>> On 2015-08-11 14:49, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Thank you, Wolfgang, for that. But it still does not handle the after
>> key, as I had in my example, and which works in a processor for index
>> entries. Is there no way to do this?
> The processor mechanism has no after key and I have no idea what it is
> shoudl do.

My apologies, Wolfgang and list. The key I use is right, as in the
following snippet from my environment. I should have checked my files
instead of relying on memory when I replied.

When I add it to your solution it does work.

    \defineprocessor[Back][
                            style=slanted,
                            right=n,
                           ]
    \defineprocessor[notBack][
                               style=normal,
                              ]

    \defineregister[Index]
    \setupregister [Index][n=2,
                            command=\Word,
                            balance=no,
                            compress=yes,
                           ]

    \starttexdefinition unexpanded index
       \dosingleempty\dostartindex
    \stoptexdefinition
    \starttexdefinition dostartindex [#sortkey]
       \doifmodeelse{*backpart}
          {\Index[Back->#sortkey]}
          {\Index[notBack->#sortkey]}
    \stoptexdefinition
    \starttexdefinition unexpanded seeindex
       \seeIndex
    \stoptexdefinition

    \starttexdefinition doIndex #INDEXTERM
       \expanded{\index{#INDEXTERM}}
    \stoptexdefinition

With this, I can use \index[Macintyre]{McIntyre, John} in the main text
or an endnote and the indexing will identify the section. My simple use
of the processor did not work, however, for references.

--
Rik

* Re: \defineprocessor and \at
@ 2015-08-11 22:29   ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2015-08-11 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2015-08-11 14:49, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Rik Kabel <mailto:context@rik.users.panix.com>
>> 4. August 2015 00:18
>> Should processors work with references? I would think that they
>> should, but the following fails. (My backmatter page numbers need to
>> be marked to distinguish them from bodymatter pages. I can automate
>> applying a processor based on the location for index register
>> entries, but not for references.)
> \defineprocessor [bodypart] [style=bold]
> \defineprocessor [backpart] [style=italic]
>
> \defineconversionset[bodypart:pagenumber][][bodypart->n]
> \defineconversionset[backpart:pagenumber][][backpart->n]
>
> \setupheadertexts[{\convertedcounter[userpage][numberconversionset=number]}]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startbodymatter
>
> \chapter[sec:knuth]{Knuth}
>
> \at{page}[sec:knuth]\par
> \at{page}[sec:zapf]
>
> \stopbodymatter
>
> \startbackmatter
>
> \chapter[sec:zapf]{Zapf}
>
> \at{page}[sec:knuth]\par
> \at{page}[sec:zapf]
>
> \stopbackmatter
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Wolfgang,

This is clearly a superior solution to my index-only attempt, handling
all references to backmatter pages without regard to their being in the
index or in text references.

However, the page number adjustment via \setupheadertexts is handled
only at the top center (default location) of each page. Can you suggest
how to modify this to support an un-processed page number in the right
margin of the footer of backmatter pages? I currently use:

    \setupheadertexts[][chapter][part][]
    \setuppagenumbering [alternative=doublesided,location={footer,margin}]

and I do not see where
{\convertedcounter[userpage][numberconversionset=number]} or something
else to restore un-processed numbers might work, despite trying with
\setupfootertexts, \setuppagenumbering, \setuppagenumbering, and related
commands.

--
Rik

* Re: \defineprocessor and \at