While working to get italic smallcaps in a secondary font face, I came across an issue with \switchbodyfont. When this is used in a certain way, the \tf font-style is changed, but not the \it, \bf, and so on. The example below compiles cleanly as presented, and the problem is not present. Each test line shows the expected font name and text. When the Oops! line is uncommented, the only test line for the test font that is correct is the \tf line. Other lines use the default font face in the specified font styles, but the font features are a mix (note that some are onum, some lining, and that long-s t ligatures are inconsistent). When the newotf module is enabled, the example fails to compile without errors, but produces similar results to non-newotf when the errors are ignored. This is not a problem with individual fonts—I have tried a variety of fonts both as default and secondary and get the same result. %\usemodule[newotf] \setupwhitespace[medium] \define\testAlphabet{\purefontname\font\quad ABCDEFGHIJKLmnopqrsſtuvwxyz \& 012345789} \starttypescript[Secondary] \definetypeface[Secondary][rm][serif][ebgaramond][default] % \definetypeface[Secondary][rm][serif][palatino][default] % \definetypeface[Secondary][rm][serif][libertine][default] \stoptypescript \setupbodyfont [modern, 10pt] %\setupbodyfont [palatino, 10pt] \starttext % {\switchtobodyfont[Secondary]Oops!\par}% Oops! Default tf: {\tf \testAlphabet}\par Default bf: {\bf \testAlphabet}\par Default it: {\it \testAlphabet}\par Default sl: {\sl \testAlphabet}\par Default bi: {\bi \testAlphabet}\par Default bs: {\bs \testAlphabet}\par Default sc: {\sc \testAlphabet}\par Default xx: {\it\setff{smallcaps}\testAlphabet}\par \switchtobodyfont[Secondary] Secondary tf: {\tf \testAlphabet}\par Secondary bf: {\bf \testAlphabet}\par Secondary it: {\it \testAlphabet}\par Secondary sl: {\sl \testAlphabet}\par Secondary bi: {\bi \testAlphabet}\par Secondary bs: {\bs \testAlphabet}\par Secondary sc: {\sc \testAlphabet}\par Secondary xx: {\it\setff{smallcaps}\testAlphabet}\par \stoptext Have I failed to properly specify the secondary typeface? Do I need a more complete typescript? Or is there a bug here? -- Rik