On 09.09.2015 01:43, Hans Hagen wrote: > On 9/8/2015 9:04 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote: >>> Hans Hagen >>> 11. August 2015 11:48 >>> >>> >>> i have no clue what you're talking about >> There is a bug in the reference mechanism between documents. > > not so much a bug but the current mechanism assumes a project/component > struture > Hi, I'm also struggeling with cross-referencing in a project/component layout. I attached a minimal example that resembles the layout I use. If you compile xr-prod1 and xr-prod2 all cross-references are simply empty. I looked at the lua code to see if I'm able to fix it myself and stumbled over the 'identify_inner(set,var,prefix,collected,derived)' function in strc-ref.lua (at around line 1396 in MKVI from 2015.09.04 11:00). It look like identify_inner gets sometimes called with 'prefix' set to nil while 'derived' is also undefined (at 1493 and 1514). If I get the program flow right this looks suspicious, as it always retuns 'false' from 'identify_inner'. If I add 'prefix = prefix or ""' to 'identify_inner' I actually get references printed in the test case. However the links are not working and for the figure the section number is wrong. Finally looking at the uncompressed PDF I can see that references are set not prefixed in xr-prod2.pdf (i.e. link to 'plain'), but are prefixed in xr-prod1.pdf (anchor is 'xr-comp1-1:plain'). Maybe these informations can help in resolving the issue. :) > i'll see if i can catch the non structured variant > >> When you produce a PDF from the attached documents you can use the >> hyperlinks to jump to the chapter page in the other document but no >> information is printed because the information with the section number, >> page number or title isn’t loaded (can be seen in the tracker >> information in the log). >> >> Wolfgang