* Simplefonts (was: geen onderwerp)
@ 2017-05-05 14:02 Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2017-05-05 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

> r.ermers@hccnet.nl <mailto:r.ermers@hccnet.nl>
> 5. Mai 2017 um 11:48
> Dear Contexters,
>
> Since yesterday I have a font-problem. Until yesterday this would work
> perfectly:
>
> \usemodule[simplefonts][size=10pt] %voor mkiv
> \setmainfont[dejavuserif] %voor simplefonts
>
> The system fonts worked too. Yesterday I wanted to make a presentation
> with simpleslides. The fonts did not work. Then I tried complexslides.
> The modules work fine, the fonts do not. I then updated to the latest
> bèta: luatools — generate, context —generate, etc. No improvement.
>
> Through mtxrun —script fonts I can see which fonts are accessible to
> Context. There things are probably going wrong, yet I do not know
> what. It appears that Context does not find the local fonts, and the
> system fonts only partially.
>
> I work on OS X, Context versie: 2017.04.27 01:00
> /Applications/ContextStandalone/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/context.mkiv
>
> Adjustments of texmf.cnf:
> /Applications/ContextStandalone/tex/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
> OSFONTDIR =.;~/Library/Fonts//;/System/Library/Fonts
>
> Thank you on beforehand for your help. It is much appreciated.

Please use the newer \definfontfamily command (or write your own
typescript) to load
fonts which aren’t supported out of the box because the last release of
simplefonts
was 4 years and is no longer updated. The \definefontfamily command
mentioned
above has replaced the module and should be used instead.

%% begin example
\definefontfamily[mainface][ss][Delicious]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
This document uses the Delicious font.
\stoptext