* chapter numbering
@ 2015-10-08 10:13 Meer, Hans van der
From: Meer, Hans van der @ 2015-10-08 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

The reference manual explains that one can set individual numbers on a chapter:
 \setuphead[subsection][ownnumber=yes]
 \subsection{399}{The old number}

So I tried \setuphead[chapter][ownnumber=yes] but then I am in the dark how to use this.
The reference manual (september 2013 -- latest?) was of no help because it does treat \chapter but not yet explains \startchapter. Neither did the ConTeXt Commands (July 2015 version) offer me I clue.

I tried \startchapter[number=6] but this doesn't work.
How to?

Hans van der Meer

* Re: chapter numbering
@ 2015-10-08 10:35 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-10-08 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Meer, Hans van der <mailto:H.vanderMeer@uva.nl>
> 8. Oktober 2015 um 12:13
> The reference manual explains that one can set individual numbers on a
> chapter:
> \setuphead[subsection][ownnumber=yes]
> \subsection{399}{The old number}
>
> So I tried \setuphead[chapter][ownnumber=yes] but then I am in the
> dark how to use this.
> The reference manual (september 2013 -- latest?) was of no help
> because it does treat \chapter but not yet explains \startchapter.
> Neither did the ConTeXt Commands (July 2015 version) offer me I clue.
>
> I tried \startchapter[number=6] but this doesn't work.
> How to?
You need \setuphead[chapter][ownnumber=yes] only when you want to use
the \chapter command but not when you use \startchapter.

\starttext

\startchapter[title=Knuth]
\input knuth
\stopchapter

\startchapter[title=Zapf,ownnumber=11]
\input zapf
\stopchapter

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Chapter numbering
@ 2000-05-10 23:10 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-10 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context

At 12:36 PM 5/9/2000 +0200, Michal Kvasnicka wrote:

>I'm using the structure od my document like this:
>    \chapter{...}
>    \part{...}
>    \chapter{...}
>    \part{...}
>    \chapter{...}
>In every part the chapter numbering starts with number 1,
>but I prefer sequentional numbering.

\setuphead[part][incrementnumber=no]

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Chapter numbering
@ 2000-05-09 10:36 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2000-05-09 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello you all!

First of all, many thanks for your kind answers to my stupid questions,
especially to Hans Hagen.

And one more question:
I'm using the structure od my document like this:
    \chapter{...}
    \part{...}
    \chapter{...}
    \part{...}
    \chapter{...}
In every part the chapter numbering starts with number 1, but I prefer
sequentional numbering. How to do it? In the manual I haven't found it
(maybe my bug).

Many thanks and best wishes to you all.

M.K.

--
Economics is the only field in which two people can get a Nobel Prize
for saying exactly the opposite things.