* issue with oxia in latest beta
@ 2015-10-27 21:27 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-10-27 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have the following sample:

    \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Theano Didot]
    \setupbodyfont[mainface]
    \starttext
    \startTEXpage[offset=.5ex]
    έέ
    \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

Theano Didot can be downloaded from http://ousia.tk/theano-2.0.otf.zip.

For some reason unknown to me, latest beta from 2015.10.09 21:28 only
prints epislon with tonos (from Greek the code range) and ignores
epsilon with oxia (from the extended Greek code range).

My previous beta from 2015.09.13 13:31 prints both accented Greek vowels
fine.

Could anyone confirm the bug? As far as I have tested, it only happens
with this particular font.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: issue with oxia in latest beta
@ 2015-10-27 21:40 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2015-10-27 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 27 Oct 2015, at 22:27, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> wrote:
>
> My previous beta from 2015.09.13 13:31 prints both accented Greek vowels
> fine.
>
> Could anyone confirm the bug? As far as I have tested, it only happens
> with this particular font.
>
> Many thanks for your help,

I can confirm and have seen the bug with several Greek fonts. The latest beta has several problems, I’m certain Hans is busy preparing a new one...

Thomas

* Re: issue with oxia in latest beta
@ 2015-10-28 16:02 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-10-28 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/27/2015 10:27 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>      \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Theano Didot]
>      \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>      \starttext
>      \startTEXpage[offset=.5ex]
>      έέ
>      \stopTEXpage
>      \stoptext
>
> Theano Didot can be downloaded from http://ousia.tk/theano-2.0.otf.zip.
>
> For some reason unknown to me, latest beta from 2015.10.09 21:28 only
> prints epislon with tonos (from Greek the code range) and ignores
> epsilon with oxia (from the extended Greek code range).

has to do with duplicate use .. fixed in next beta .. for now use

\usemodule[oldotf]

(in cont-new.mkiv or so) which forces the old fontloader

> My previous beta from 2015.09.13 13:31 prints both accented Greek vowels
> fine.
>
> Could anyone confirm the bug? As far as I have tested, it only happens
> with this particular font.
>
> Many thanks for your help,
>

> Pablo

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-10-28 19:36   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-10-28 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> On 27 Oct 2015, at 22:27, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>
>> My previous beta from 2015.09.13 13:31 prints both accented Greek vowels
>> fine.
>>
>> Could anyone confirm the bug? As far as I have tested, it only happens
>> with this particular font.
>>
>> Many thanks for your help,
>
> I can confirm and have seen the bug with several Greek fonts. The
> latest beta has several problems, I’m certain Hans is busy preparing a
> new one...

Many thanks for your bug confirmation, Thomas.

Pablo
--

@ 2015-10-28 19:38   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-10-28 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/28/2015 05:02 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I have the following sample:
>>
>>      \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Theano Didot]
>>      \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>>      \starttext
>>      \startTEXpage[offset=.5ex]
>>      έέ
>>      \stopTEXpage
>>      \stoptext
>>
>> Theano Didot can be downloaded from http://ousia.tk/theano-2.0.otf.zip.
>>
>> For some reason unknown to me, latest beta from 2015.10.09 21:28 only
>> prints epislon with tonos (from Greek the code range) and ignores
>> epsilon with oxia (from the extended Greek code range).
>
> has to do with duplicate use .. fixed in next beta .. for now use
>
> \usemodule[oldotf]
>
> (in cont-new.mkiv or so) which forces the old fontloader

Hans,

many thanks for the fix in next beta and the workaround for current beta.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk