* about "error unable to identify cnf file"
@ 2008-11-11  7:52 Dalyoung Jeong
From: Dalyoung Jeong @ 2008-11-11  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

Recently, I tried to set for LuaTeX following the "Running_Mark_IV" in
wiki.

1. I updated ConTeXt using "ctxtools --update".
      I didn't use "rsync -av ..." as in wiki for updating because I
got "cannot find command texexec" error after updating ConTeXt.

2. Updated LuaTeX using "rsync -av ......../universal-darwin/"

These updating processes are fine. But I got the following error when
I issued "luatools --generate".

LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
LuaTools | no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
LuaTools |
LuaTools | runtime: 0.002 seconds

I installed TL2008.
The first question is that do I need to do some pre-process for the
installation of LuaTeX like following?

export TeXMFCNF ...
export TEXMF ...

So I run "source .luatex" where luatex is a file to setup TEXMF stuffs
when I use TL2007.  After that "luatools --generate" is working well.

But I got another error when I try "context --make".
The error message is "cannot find file context.tex".

What did I do wrong in these steps?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dal

* Re: about "error unable to identify cnf file"
@ 2008-11-11  8:13 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-11-11  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Dalyoung Jeong <haksan@mac.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently, I tried to set for LuaTeX following the "Running_Mark_IV" in
> wiki.
>
> 1. I updated ConTeXt using "ctxtools --update".
>      I didn't use "rsync -av ..." as in wiki for updating because I
> got "cannot find command texexec" error after updating ConTeXt.
>
> 2. Updated LuaTeX using "rsync -av ......../universal-darwin/"
>
> These updating processes are fine. But I got the following error when
> I issued "luatools --generate".
>

> LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
> LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
> LuaTools | no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
> LuaTools |
> LuaTools | runtime: 0.002 seconds
>
> I installed TL2008.
> The first question is that do I need to do some pre-process for the
> installation of LuaTeX like following?
>
> export TeXMFCNF ...
> export TEXMF ...
>
> So I run "source .luatex" where luatex is a file to setup TEXMF stuffs
> when I use TL2007.  After that "luatools --generate" is working well.
>
> But I got another error when I try "context --make".
> The error message is "cannot find file context.tex".
>
> What did I do wrong in these steps?

luatools --selfupdate
mtxrun --selfupdate

Wolfgang

* Re: about "error unable to identify cnf file"
@ 2008-11-11  8:34 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2008-11-11  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I remember well, you are running Mac OS X: if this is still the
case, please have a look to the file which I have uploaded for you at:
http://www.kavian.fr/tex/install-minimal-ok.pdf

The source file is thre too:
http://www.kavian.fr/tex/install-minimal-ok.tex

I have gathered my experience installing mkiv from the Minimals and up
to now everything works smoothly on my machine.
The "old" method running "ctxtools --update" does not work anymore, at
least it didn't for me…

Best regards: OK

On 11 nov. 08, at 08:52, Dalyoung Jeong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently, I tried to set for LuaTeX following the "Running_Mark_IV" in
> wiki.
>
> 1. I updated ConTeXt using "ctxtools --update".
>     I didn't use "rsync -av ..." as in wiki for updating because I
> got "cannot find command texexec" error after updating ConTeXt.
>
> 2. Updated LuaTeX using "rsync -av ......../universal-darwin/"
>
> These updating processes are fine. But I got the following error when
> I issued "luatools --generate".
>

> LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
> LuaTools | error unable to identify cnf file
> LuaTools | no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
> LuaTools |
> LuaTools | runtime: 0.002 seconds
>
> I installed TL2008.
> The first question is that do I need to do some pre-process for the
> installation of LuaTeX like following?
>
> export TeXMFCNF ...
> export TEXMF ...
>
> So I run "source .luatex" where luatex is a file to setup TEXMF stuffs
> when I use TL2007.  After that "luatools --generate" is working well.
>
> But I got another error when I try "context --make".
> The error message is "cannot find file context.tex".
>

> What did I do wrong in these steps?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dal