* new bets
@ 2015-12-17 14:00 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-12-17 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm going to upload a new beta but this one needs luatex 0.87 which is
in the process of being released. So, don't update unless you knwo that
your platform binary is provided (or just keep your old tree as backup).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: new bets
@ 2015-12-17 22:44 ` Philipp Gesang
From: Philipp Gesang @ 2015-12-17 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

···<date: 2015-12-17, Thursday>···<from: Hans Hagen>···

> I'm going to upload a new beta but this one needs luatex 0.87 which is
> in the process of being released.

Hmm, traverse_char() … neat!

Philipp

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: new bets
@ 2015-12-18  7:33 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2015-12-18  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/17/2015 03:00 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to upload a new beta but this one needs luatex 0.87 which is
> in the process of being released. So, don't update unless you knwo that
> your platform binary is provided (or just keep your old tree as backup).
>
> Hans

Hmm, linux64 has the latest luatex, but building formats fails with

This is LuajitTeX, Version beta-0.87.0 (TeX Live 2016/dev)  (INITEX)
  system commands enabled.
(/home/tas/latest/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-nl.mkiv
(/home/tas/latest/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
(/home/tas/latest/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/syst-ini.mkiv
! unexpected use of \pdfvariable.
<to be read again>
l.397 ...edef\pdfreplacefont         {\pdfvariable r
                                                   eplacefont}
\pdfre...
?
! Emergency stop.
<to be read again>
l.397 ...edef\pdfreplacefont         {\pdfvariable r
                                                   eplacefont}
\pdfre...
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, bad output DVI file produced!
No pages of output.
Transcript written on cont-nl.log.

Thomas

* Re: new bets
@ 2015-12-18  8:07   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2015-12-18  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 18 December 2015 at 08:33, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> On 12/17/2015 03:00 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm going to upload a new beta but this one needs luatex 0.87 which is
>> in the process of being released. So, don't update unless you knwo that
>> your platform binary is provided (or just keep your old tree as backup).
>>
>> Hans
>

> Hmm, linux64 has the latest luatex, but building formats fails with
>
> This is LuajitTeX, Version beta-0.87.0 (TeX Live 2016/dev)  (INITEX)
>  system commands enabled.
> (/home/tas/latest/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-nl.mkiv
> (/home/tas/latest/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.mkiv
> (/home/tas/latest/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/syst-ini.mkiv
> ! unexpected use of \pdfvariable.
> <to be read again>
> l.397 ...edef\pdfreplacefont         {\pdfvariable r
>                                                   eplacefont} \pdfre...
> ?
> ! Emergency stop.
> <to be read again>
> l.397 ...edef\pdfreplacefont         {\pdfvariable r
>                                                   eplacefont} \pdfre...
> !  ==> Fatal error occurred, bad output DVI file produced!
> No pages of output.
> Transcript written on cont-nl.log.

Hans asked my to stop syncing ConTeXt about a month ago, so I
commented out the syncing step on the server. He didn't ask me to
enable it again and I forgot. Nobody noticed and nobody complained
until now.

I believe that ConTeXt should work again everywhere except on
i386-freebsd, solaris and armhf.

Mojca

* Re: new bets
@ 2015-12-18  8:16     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2015-12-18  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/18/2015 09:07 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hans asked my to stop syncing ConTeXt about a month ago, so I
> commented out the syncing step on the server. He didn't ask me to
> enable it again and I forgot. Nobody noticed and nobody complained
> until now.
>
> I believe that ConTeXt should work again everywhere except on
> i386-freebsd, solaris and armhf.

Thanks Mojca. Yes, it works again, now I get

current version: 2015.12.17 15:57

So looks good, will test this new version.

Thomas

* Re: new bets
@ 2015-12-18  8:02 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2015-12-18  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/18/2015 08:50 AM, Akira Kakuto wrote:
> Your ConTeXt must be older than
> mtx-context     | current version: 2015.12.17 15:57
>
> Best,
> Akira

???

This is running first-setup.sh, so it should be updating to the latest
context. So something in the update script appears to be malfunctioning.

Thomas

* new bets
@ 2015-12-18  7:50 Akira Kakuto
From: Akira Kakuto @ 2015-12-18  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)