From: "Bruce D'Arcus" <darcusb@muohio.edu>
Cc: Jens-Uwe Morawski <morawski@gmx.net>, ConTeXt <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: ConTeXt and expert fonts
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:02:27 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

Hans Hagen wrote:

>At 11:50 AM 8/14/2002 -0400, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
>
>>Can I please get an answer to this?  I'm happy if someone can tell me
>>how to get the footnote font working, after which I'm pretty sure I can
>>figure out the rest.  I know I'm doing something wrong with defining
>>the font, but just don't understand what...
>
>can you be a bit more specific? for instance there is no t1 vector in
>context (ec, texnansi, ..)

According to Jens-Uwe, T1 in LaTeX is ec in ConTeXt.  I assume ConTeXt
defaults to ec, so that's why my having T1 works also?

My issue is basically how do I set up these new fonts (the Footnote and
MonoSpacedLining, for example) so ConTeXt understands the synonyms when
I use them in a command?

>also, if you prepare a minimal set of files to test .... (so that i
don't
>have to rekey) ...

Sure, but am not sure what kind of sample would be relevant (since you
don't have the font files themselves).  In the first note in the
thread, I gave the setupfootnotedefinition command I used.  Is that
what you mean?Just let me know and I'll send it!

>setting up the footnotes is no problem (bodyfont key)

Right. My problem is I get an "unknown variant" when I do so, but don't
understand why...

Also, is there a font command that would only apply a font to the body
text itself (and footnote and caption text), and not to things like
headings?

Bruce