* Hyphenation of chemical names
@ 2016-02-06 20:19 Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2016-02-06 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

ConTeXt has troubles hyphenating chemical names, which in organic
chemistry  can be funny things such as
N-(4-n-alkoxybenzylidene)-4’-alkylaniline.
The names can get much worse...

The rules for hyphenating in chemistry are well defined. Without
putting specific hyphenating hints into the names themselves, I do not
know how to go about adding these rules into ConTeXt. Of course, they
can differ slightly by language, but the system is pretty much the same.

Does anyone know how to deal with this?

Maybe we need special rules that get applied within \chemical{}?

Alan

* Re: Hyphenation of chemical names
@ 2016-02-07 10:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-02-07 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2/6/2016 9:19 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> ConTeXt has troubles hyphenating chemical names, which in organic
> chemistry  can be funny things such as
> N-(4-n-alkoxybenzylidene)-4’-alkylaniline.
> The names can get much worse...
>
> The rules for hyphenating in chemistry are well defined. Without
> putting specific hyphenating hints into the names themselves, I do not
> know how to go about adding these rules into ConTeXt. Of course, they
> can differ slightly by language, but the system is pretty much the same.
>
> Does anyone know how to deal with this?
>
> Maybe we need special rules that get applied within \chemical{}?

sure, we can make a rule set, given that these names are somehow tagged
.. just come up with the rules

Hans