* columnsets
@ 2016-02-09 19:05 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-02-09 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm currently reimplementing columnsets and I'm wondering how many users
there are of this mechanism. How bad is it if the more obscure features
go away and others show up.

Hans

* columnsets
@ 2003-03-18 18:14 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-03-18 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have a question regarding columnsets:

\definecolumnset[two][n=2]

%\setupcolumnset[two][1][width=4cm]
%\setupcolumnset[two][2][width=8cm]
\starttext
\startcolumnset[two]

\dorecurse{10}{\input tufte \par}

\stopcolumnset
\stoptext

a) I keep getting a blank page after the columnset. How do I get rid
  of it?

b) the setupcolumnset has some effect (making columns smaller) but
   they are both the same width. Why?

Patrick

* Re: Screen background in two columns
@ 2003-02-08 16:33 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-02-08 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 01:25 PM 2/7/2003 +0100, Michal Kvasnicka wrote:
>Good afternoon.
>
>I'm typesetting a document in two columns. I'd like to typeset examples in it
>just in the rest of the text but with a screen background. I tried this:
>
>\setupcolors[state=start]
>\setupscreens[screen=0.8]
>\setupbackground
>   [background=screen,
>    leftoffset=1em, rightoffset=1em, topoffset=1em, bottomoffset=1em]
>\setupframedtexts
>   [frame=off, background=screen, width=fit]
>
>But both \startbackground and \startframedtext does not allow column/page
>break. I want the background to start e.g. on the bottom of  the left column
>and to go to the top of the right one. How can I get what I want? (Well,
>maybe a hard task in the TeX. Some time ago I would suppose it to be
>unpossible---but then I've seen such a wizardry in the ConTeXt that made me
>to think that everything is possible---at least for Mr. Hagen.) :-)

I admit that this takes some wizardry to implement, especially if you take
into account that backgrounds should work in tables, tabulate, floats,
inside and outside text areas, obey indentation, left/rightskip, hanging,
nested backgrounds, multiple layers, etc ; this (still somewhat
experimental mechanism will be discussed in details.pdf).

% output=pdftex

\setuplayout
   [width=middle,height=middle,
    backspace=1cm,topspace=1cm,