* How can I define a dotted underbar in ConTeXt?
@ 2016-02-10 21:14 Laurent d'Airsy
From: Laurent d'Airsy @ 2016-02-10 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I would like to create a dotted underbar in ConTeXt with the
\defineunderbarmechanism.
Is that possible?

* Re: How can I define a dotted underbar in ConTeXt?
@ 2016-02-13 11:40 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-02-13 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/10/2016 10:14 PM, Laurent d'Airsy wrote:
> I would like to create a dotted underbar in ConTeXt with the
> |\defineunderbar|mechanism. Is that possible?

not yet (but one can use inline text backgrounds to achieve this)

i'm playing with some extensions to the underbar code but it might take
a while before i consider the interface stable enough but when it's
there one can do dotted or whatever one wants

Hans

* Re: How can I define a dotted underbar in ConTeXt?
@ 2016-02-15  9:39 ` Hans Hagen
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-02-15  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2/10/2016 10:14 PM, Laurent d'Airsy wrote:
> I would like to create a dotted underbar in ConTeXt with the
> |\defineunderbar|mechanism. Is that possible?

i uploaded a beta where you can test:

test {\red\underrandoms{test me}} and \underrandom{test} or
\underrandom{grep} \blank
test {\red\underdashes {test me}} and \underdash  {test} or \underdash
{grep} \blank
test {\red\underdots   {test me}} and \underdot   {test} or \underdot
{grep} \blank

still somewhat experimental

Hans

* Re: How can I define a dotted underbar in ConTeXt?
@ 2016-02-15 20:31   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2016-02-15 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Thanks for this new nice feature!
However it seems to me that \underdashes produces dots under ords, while \underdots produces dashes…
Is it on purpose?

Also the name \underrandoms seems misleading too.

Best regards: OK

@ 2016-02-15 21:23     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-02-15 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/15/2016 9:31 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Thanks for this new nice feature!
> However it seems to me that \underdashes produces dots under ords, while \underdots produces dashes…
> Is it on purpose?

no, will be fixed in next beta

> Also the name \underrandoms seems misleading too.

i needed a name and it's kind of random

@ 2016-02-15 21:29   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2016-02-15 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 2/10/2016 10:14 PM, Laurent d'Airsy wrote:
>>  I would like to create a dotted underbar in ConTeXt with the
>> | \defineunderbar|mechanism. Is that possible?
>
> i uploaded a beta where you can test:
>
> test {\red\underrandoms{test me}} and \underrandom{test} or
> \underrandom{grep} \blank
> test {\red\underdashes {test me}} and \underdash  {test} or \underdash {grep}
> \blank
> test {\red\underdots   {test me}} and \underdot   {test} or \underdot {grep}
> \blank

How do you change the thickness of the dots (i.e., set the value of
RuleFactor)?

Aditya

* Re: How can I define a dotted underbar in ConTeXt?
@ 2016-02-15 21:31   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2016-02-15 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 2/10/2016 10:14 PM, Laurent d'Airsy wrote:
>>  I would like to create a dotted underbar in ConTeXt with the
>> | \defineunderbar|mechanism. Is that possible?
>
> i uploaded a beta where you can test:
>
> test {\red\underrandoms{test me}} and \underrandom{test} or
> \underrandom{grep} \blank
> test {\red\underdashes {test me}} and \underdash  {test} or \underdash {grep}
> \blank
> test {\red\underdots   {test me}} and \underdot   {test} or \underdot {grep}
> \blank
>
> still somewhat experimental

While you are looking at the code, there was another question on
tex.stackexchange on bars:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/291946/overstrike-in-context-can-it-overstrike-leaders

How to get bars to work with leaders?

\setuppapersize[A6][A6]
\starttext
\overstrike{Hello\hfill world!} % Works OK

Hello\leaders\hbox{.}\hfill world! % Works OK, nothing special

\overstrike{Hello\leaders\hbox{.}\hfill world!} % Not quite right
\stoptext

Aditya

* Re: How can I define a dotted underbar in ConTeXt?
@ 2016-02-15 21:41     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-02-15 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/15/2016 10:31 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Feb 2016, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 2/10/2016 10:14 PM, Laurent d'Airsy wrote:
>>>  I would like to create a dotted underbar in ConTeXt with the
>>
>> i uploaded a beta where you can test:
>>
>> test {\red\underrandoms{test me}} and \underrandom{test} or
>> \underrandom{grep} \blank
>> test {\red\underdashes {test me}} and \underdash  {test} or \underdash
>> {grep} \blank
>> test {\red\underdots   {test me}} and \underdot   {test} or \underdot
>> {grep} \blank
>>
>> still somewhat experimental
>
> While you are looking at the code, there was another question on
> tex.stackexchange on bars:
>
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/291946/overstrike-in-context-can-it-overstrike-leaders
>

> How to get bars to work with leaders?
>
> \setuppapersize[A6][A6]
> \starttext
> \overstrike{Hello\hfill world!} % Works OK
>
> Hello\leaders\hbox{.}\hfill world! % Works OK, nothing special
>
> \overstrike{Hello\leaders\hbox{.}\hfill world!} % Not quite right
> \stoptext

continue=all

* Re: How can I define a dotted underbar in ConTeXt?
@ 2016-02-15 21:48     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-02-15 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2/15/2016 10:29 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Feb 2016, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> On 2/10/2016 10:14 PM, Laurent d'Airsy wrote:
>>>  I would like to create a dotted underbar in ConTeXt with the
>>
>> i uploaded a beta where you can test:
>>
>> test {\red\underrandoms{test me}} and \underrandom{test} or
>> \underrandom{grep} \blank
>> test {\red\underdashes {test me}} and \underdash  {test} or \underdash
>> {grep} \blank
>> test {\red\underdots   {test me}} and \underdot   {test} or \underdot
>> {grep} \blank
>
> How do you change the thickness of the dots (i.e., set the value of
> RuleFactor)?

rulethickness

and, as you like challenges ...

\starttext

\startuseMPgraphic{overarrow}
     drawarrow ((0,RuleFactor/2) -- (RuleWidth,RuleFactor/2))
         withcolor RuleColor
         withpen pencircle scaled RuleThickness ;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\definebar[overarrow] [mp=overarrow,continue=all]

test \overarrow{\red\zwj\leaders\nohrule\hfill\zwj} test

\stoptext