* applying properties to columns / rows in xtables
@ 2016-02-17 14:48 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-02-17 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

having this basic xtable (adapted from xtables-mkiv.pdf):

    \starttext
    \startxtable[option=stretch]
        \startxrow
            \startxcell one \stopxcell
            \startxcell two \stopxcell
        \stopxrow
        \startxrow
            \startxcell alpha \stopxcell
            \startxcell beta \stopxcell
        \stopxrow
    \stopxtable
    \stoptext

Is there any way to apply properties to the first column and the second
column without having to add an identifier to each xcell?

In this sample, it would be easy. In a longer xtable, I would like to
avoid it :-).

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: applying properties to columns / rows in xtables
@ 2016-02-17 15:01 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-02-17 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos@gmx.es>
> 17. Februar 2016 um 15:48
> Dear list,
>
> having this basic xtable (adapted from xtables-mkiv.pdf):
>
> \starttext
> \startxtable[option=stretch]
> \startxrow
> \startxcell one \stopxcell
> \startxcell two \stopxcell
> \stopxrow
> \startxrow
> \startxcell alpha \stopxcell
> \startxcell beta \stopxcell
> \stopxrow
> \stopxtable
> \stoptext
>
> Is there any way to apply properties to the first column and the second
> column without having to add an identifier to each xcell?
>
> In this sample, it would be easy. In a longer xtable, I would like to
> avoid it :-).
What do you want to do?

Wolfgang

* Re: applying properties to columns / rows in xtables
@ 2016-02-17 15:12   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-02-17 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Pablo Rodriguez 17. Februar 2016 um 15:48
>> In this sample, it would be easy. In a longer xtable, I would like to
>> avoid it :-).
>
> What do you want to do?

Sorry, Wolfgang. You’re right, I forgot to tell-

I want to avoid tagging each cell to get this:

    \starttext
    \startxtable[option=stretch]
        \startxrow
            \startxcell[align=left] one \stopxcell
            \startxcell[align=center] two \stopxcell
        \stopxrow
        \startxrow
            \startxcell[align=left] alpha \stopxcell
            \startxcell[align=center] beta \stopxcell
        \stopxrow
    \stopxtable
    \stoptext

I don’t know whether there is something similar to:

   \setupxtable[column:first][align=left]

Having to add an identifier to the xcell is something that I would like
to avoid too.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2016-02-17 15:22     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-02-17 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos@gmx.es>
> 17. Februar 2016 um 16:12
>
> Sorry, Wolfgang. You’re right, I forgot to tell-
>
> I want to avoid tagging each cell to get this:
>
> \starttext
> \startxtable[option=stretch]
> \startxrow
> \startxcell[align=left] one \stopxcell
> \startxcell[align=center] two \stopxcell
> \stopxrow
> \startxrow
> \startxcell[align=left] alpha \stopxcell
> \startxcell[align=center] beta \stopxcell
> \stopxrow
> \stopxtable
> \stoptext
>
> I don’t know whether there is something similar to:
>
> \setupxtable[column:first][align=left]
>
> Having to add an identifier to the xcell is something that I would like
> to avoid too.
>
> Many thanks for your help,
>
> Pablo
> Wolfgang Schuster <mailto:schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com>
> 17. Februar 2016 um 16:01
> What do you want to do?
>
> Wolfgang
> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos@gmx.es>
> 17. Februar 2016 um 15:48
> Dear list,
>
> having this basic xtable (adapted from xtables-mkiv.pdf):
>
> \starttext
> \startxtable[option=stretch]
> \startxrow
> \startxcell one \stopxcell
> \startxcell two \stopxcell
> \stopxrow
> \startxrow
> \startxcell alpha \stopxcell
> \startxcell beta \stopxcell
> \stopxrow
> \stopxtable
> \stoptext
>
> Is there any way to apply properties to the first column and the second
> column without having to add an identifier to each xcell?
>
> In this sample, it would be easy. In a longer xtable, I would like to
> avoid it :-).
\starttext

\setupxtable[align=\ifcase\currentxtablecolumn\or flushright\else middle\fi]

@ 2016-02-17 16:05       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-02-17 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> [...]
> \setupxtable[align=\ifcase\currentxtablecolumn\or flushright\else middle\fi]

Many thanks for your fast reply, Wolfgang.

This is exactly what I need. I wouldn’t have found out myself in centuries.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk