* OT: OpenType vs. TrueType
@ 2016-03-05  8:40 Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-03-05  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think the following video is interesting because it answers the
questions which font format you should use:

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5tN88CX30

German speaking users can watch the following video:

     https://vimeo.com/41494356

or read this article:

http://www.typografie.info/3/page/artikel.htm/_/wissen/mythos-opentype-r270

Kind regards,
Wolfgang Schuster

* Re: OT: OpenType vs. TrueType
@ 2016-03-05  9:25 ` Andreas Schneider
From: Andreas Schneider @ 2016-03-05  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2016-03-05 09:40, schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
> Hi,
>
> I think the following video is interesting because it answers the
> questions which font format you should use:
>
>     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5tN88CX30
>

> German speaking users can watch the following video:
>
>     https://vimeo.com/41494356
>
> or read this article:
>

> http://www.typografie.info/3/page/artikel.htm/_/wissen/mythos-opentype-r270
>
> Kind regards,
> Wolfgang Schuster

Wow, good read! (Didn't have time to watch the video yet :-))

Indeed I always thought PS < TTF < OTF while this is apparently pretty
wrong. That's definitely something I need to look out for when buying
fonts. It looks like one needs to check first, how the
shop/author/whoever defines "TrueType" and "OpenType", so you really
know what you get :-/

Best regards
Andreas

* Re: OT: OpenType vs. TrueType
@ 2016-03-07  7:09 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-03-07  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/05/2016 09:40 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the following video is interesting because it answers the
> questions which font format you should use:
>
>      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5tN88CX30
>
> German speaking users can watch the following video:
>
>      https://vimeo.com/41494356
>
> or read this article:
>
> http://www.typografie.info/3/page/artikel.htm/_/wissen/mythos-opentype-r270

Many thanks for the very interesting resources, Wolfgang.

My small contribution would be a video from Erik Spiekermann (the
reknown typographer) on letterpress printing: https://vimeo.com/95682050.

Although the audio is mainly in German, English subtitles are available.

Just in case any list member may enjoy it,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk