hey Pablo, thanks a lot for pointing some things out. i finally managed to get mkiv working!!! Am 09.03.2016 um 23:49 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez: > On 03/09/2016 10:57 PM, L.S.-Soc&Gam wrote: >> in TeXnicCenter i added a new profile. >> on (La)TeX register i have activated: Run LaTeX in this profile. >> >> in the path to compiler field i entered: >> F:\Sandbox\ConTeXt\tex\setuptex.bat & >> F:\Sandbox\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-win64\bin\texmfstart.exe >> >> question: do i need both entries? > I don’t think so. The second entry isn’t required at all. almost! the first one wasn't required. *setuptex.bat* only initializes the context folder sub-tree to the system. this is not necessary if *...**\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-win64\bin\* has been added to the system path. in case of TeXnicCenter it might be not necessary at all, unless *context.exe* doesn't call any other executable or batch files. but even then it would look in its own folder first. i will check that out in the future. > >> in the command line field i entered: >> texexec.rb --batch --nonstop --pdf --color "%bm" --synctex=-1 >> >> BibTeX is deactivated, MakeIndex isn't used either. > MakeIndex isn’t required in ConTeXt. (Indices aren’t generated using > MakeIndex in ConTeXt, afaIk.) > > BibTeX may work, but there is a much better bibliographic module being > developed. it's not that i would need any of these so i didn't bother about those options being deactivated in the first place anyway. but thanks for pointing out what those are there for. >> well and it works. but not without ruby: why do i need ruby? i would use >> mkiv only if i could. i also worked with Hex color codes but then >> everything is black untill i add \setupcolor[hex] to the document. i >> read that this line is only needed in mkiv, so again i am wondering why >> i am obviously using mkii instead of mkiv... > The command line for MkIV should read "context source-file.tex". BTW, > ruby isn’t required for MkIV. here's the point why it works now: TeXnicCenter has a location field and a console command field. this is what i entered in the compiler LOCATION field before: F:\Sandbox\ConTeXt\tex\setuptex.bat & F:\Sandbox\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-win64\bin\texmfstart.exe like you pointed out before: *setuptex.bat* is not needed and the second path with texmfstart.exe is for i don't know what!?! but it always used mkii as compiler... anyway this is from a tutorial from the contextgarden wiki: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TeXnicCenter that's why i got frustrated. the article was last updated 2012 and honestly i was quiet sure that's it's up to date. so i simply changed the compiler location to F:\Sandbox\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-win64\bin\context.exe and as you also pointed out i had to tell context which file. and therefor is the console command field. in my quotation above there is the following command: "%bm" i didn't realize that %bm is TeXnicCenter specific to handle over the name of the current project to the command line. it's that easy; one just has to know...^^ so my location is now F:\Sandbox\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-win64\bin\context.exe and command is %bm and it finally works!!! so again Pablo thanks for taking me to this. > >> the last question for now is: how can i stop pdfTeX.exe from warning me >> that no GlyphToUnicode entry has been inserted yet. i read somewhere >> that this can be ignored but nobody explains what this is and how it >> works. i just don't want to read this every time but fix it. >> and what is meant with bad boxes? i read "Underfull \hbox (badness >> 10000) in paragraph..." but don't know how to fix this. > Warnings fron pdftex will dissapear when you switch to MkIV :-). > > "Underfull \hbox" may be caused by wrong hyphenation? > > Would it be possible that you were compiling a German (or non-English text)? > > In such case, please add "\mainlanguage[de]" in the first line of your > source document. yes, i had \language in my document before but i also added \mainlanguage too now. didn't know about this one, so thanks yet again. and you were right, i now don't have any errors or warnings anymore. but unfortunately now console also doesn't show the quantity of pages compiled anymore. i tried before with *context.exe* compiler location (the long described case above) but it always showed 0 pages so i thought nothing got compiled.^^ i didn't bother anymore and changed back to *texmfstart.exe*. maybe i should have checked the pdfs first. :D so yeah, i finally got ConTeXt mkiv up and running and can't wait to continue learning this beast. thanks a bunch Pablo. you helped me a lot. Greetings, Sebastian