* searching in subdirectories with project structure
@ 2016-03-30 17:25 Javier M Mora
From: Javier M Mora @ 2016-03-30 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi, (this is my first email to the list)

I've created a project for my Thesis. The file tree is:

/prod_thesis/
             /prod_thesis.tex
             /envi_thesis.tex
             /comp_chap1/
                        /comp_chap1.tex
                        /envi_chap1.tex
                        /images/
                               /image1.jpg
                               /image2.jpg
                                 (...)
                        /tables/
                               /table1.tex
                               /table2.tex
                                 (...)
             /comp_chap2/
                        /comp_chap2.tex
                        /envi_chap2.tex
                        /images/
                               /image1b.jpg
                               /image2b.jpg
                                 (...)
                        /tables/
                               /table1b.tex
                               /table2b.tex
                                 (...)

	    (...)

envi_chap1.tex has:

	\startenvironment envi_chap1
	\product prod_thesis
	\usepath[images]
	\usepath[tables]
	\stopenvironment

comp_chap1.tex has:
	\startcomponent comp_chap1.tex
	\product prod_thesis
	\environment envi_chap1

	blah blah blah

	\placefigure[here][fig:img1]{img1}{
		\externalfigure[image1.jpg]
	}

	blah blah blah

	\input tables/table1

	blah blah blah
	\stopcomponent

prod_thesis.tex has:
	\startproduct prod_thesis
	\environment envi_thesis

	blah blah blah
	\component comp_chap1
	\component comp_chap2
	(...)

	\stopproduct

and finally, envi_thesis.tex has:
  	\startenvironment envi_thesis

	\usepath[{comp_chap1,comp_chap2}]

	blah (about styles) blah
	\stopenvironment

If I cd into comp_chap1 dir and exec:

	texexec -xtx comp_chap1.tex

the chapter1 is generated without any problem. All images and tables are
inserted ok. But if I cd into prod_thesis and exec:

	texexec -xtx prod_thesis.tex

all images are replace by "dummy images", and tables are not found
(raising an error in compilation of document).

In prod_thesis compilation (is it correct to say "compilation of
document"?), context is looking for file /prod_thesis/tables/table1.tex
but isn't not looking in /prod_thesis/comp_chap1/tables/table1.tex. I've
created a copy of tables in /prod_thesis/ and document compiled good.
But i don't like to pollute prod_thesis directory.

Questions:

What is the canonical way to keep subdirectories of dependencies in a
component? (to be reused later in product compilation)

I thought \usepath was to indicate where look for input files. I have to
use "\input tables/table1" to find table 1. \usepath didn't work in
envi_chap1.tex.

Cheers.