* ConTeXt anew-but where?
@ 2016-04-05 21:02 klerer
From: klerer @ 2016-04-05 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear NTG-ConTeXt list members,[a] Excuse me that I will have to send this email in html format. The very format of this email is not meant to offend anyone consciously (even if perceived so). Paragraph beginnings [a] through [e] may lead you the way, instead.[b] A NEW(er) PROBLEM: After I have decided to re-instal ConTeXt because my previous installation (dating from last quarter of 2014) was from some time on un-updatable (maybe some remember a question posted to this list by me in one of the months passed), a folder named "context" in which one can lay down/ find a skript file (.sh) that is the pivot of "any" update to come IS APPARENTLY ABSENT.[c] WHY COULD THAT BE OF INTEREST? ...simply because I wondered throughout this  second installation process whether there would be any question which path that very folder should finally have DID SIMPLY NOT SURFACE (the old "context" folder formerly in "/home/myUsername" was discarded).[d] QUESTION: Where, consequently, on a Kubuntu Linux
operating system (version LTS 14.04 on a 64bit architecture) was one to look for that folder to be able to eventually perform an update via command line (= bash console) as "http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone" [Ref-1] describes what the user should do in advance to any update attempt, and thus, following installation? I feel awkward when it comes to that issue as I already asked for an update option earlier.[e] Thank you very much for your precious time.Best regards,Markus Hofstetter

* Re: ConTeXt anew-but where?
@ 2016-04-05 21:14 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-04-05 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/5/2016 11:02 PM, klerer@sxmail.de wrote:
> Dear NTG-ConTeXt list members,
>
> [a] Excuse me that I will have to send this email in html format. The
> very format of this email is not meant to offend anyone consciously
> (even if perceived so). Paragraph beginnings [a] through [e] may lead
> you the way, instead.
> [b] A NEW(er) PROBLEM: After I have decided to re-instal ConTeXt because
> my previous installation (dating from last quarter of 2014) was from
> some time on un-updatable (maybe some remember a question posted to this
> list by me in one of the months passed), a folder named "context" in
> which one can lay down/ find a skript file (.sh) that is the pivot of
> "any" update to come IS APPARENTLY ABSENT.
> [c] WHY COULD THAT BE OF INTEREST? ...simply because I wondered
> throughout this  second installation process whether there w ould be any
> question which path that very folder should finally have DID SIMPLY NOT
> SURFACE (the old "context" folder formerly in "/home/myUsername" was
> discarded).
> [d] QUESTION: Where,consequently, on a Kubuntu Linux operating system
> (version LTS 14.04 on a 64bit architecture) was one to look for that
> folder to be able to eventually perform an update via command line (=
> bash console) as "http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Standalone"
> [Ref-1] describes what the user should do in advance to any update
> attempt, and thus, following installation? I feel awkward when it comes
> to that issue as I already asked for an update option earlier.
> [e] Thank you very much for your precious time.

when you install context from the context garden in

/foo/bar/context

using the first-setup script, you can just run that script again in
order to update your installation

Hans