* server
@ 2016-04-07  8:25 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2016-04-07  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Mojca,

is the server working again? I just wanted to mention that the garden
hasn't picked up the latest beta yet, so if it's online again, maybe the
syncing process needs to be triggered?

All best

Thomas

* Re: server
@ 2016-04-07  9:20 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2016-04-07  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 7 April 2016 at 10:25, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Hi Mojca,
>
> is the server working again? I just wanted to mention that the garden hasn't
> picked up the latest beta yet, so if it's online again, maybe the syncing
> process needs to be triggered?

The distribution is currently in mirror mode only, serving files from
Netherlands.

Unfortunately rebooting didn't help as the system disk seems to have
crashed and the admin at Jožef Stefan Institute promised to set up a
new box during the weekend (hoping that no other major hardware
components failed). I could theoretically set up the whole process on
the Dutch server, but I would prefer to wait until this server gets up
and running again as I'll be wasting quite some time making sure that
things come back to normal.

Mojca

* A way to clean up unnecessary files after compilation in CTX mkiv
@ 2016-04-07  9:21 ` L.S.-Soc&Gam
From: L.S.-Soc&Gam @ 2016-04-07  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys,

i am using mkiv with TeXnicCenter. There is an option to create a
clean-up processor which deletes temporary files.
Right now for me the options look as following:
Executable:            X:\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-win64\bin\texmfstart.exe
Arguments:            texutil.rb --purgeall
This is from an old installation instruction from mkii and works great
but it makes it necessary to install Ruby.
Since I don't want to install Ruby if it's unnecessary, i'd like to know
if there is a way to clean up files without mkii and Ruby elements.
I thought it might be possible to use *context.exe* as processor
executable for deleting temp files, but i wouldn't know the correct
arguments.
Sorry if I missed something obvious.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian

* Re: server
@ 2016-04-07  9:41   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2016-04-07  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/07/2016 11:20 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> The distribution is currently in mirror mode only, serving files from
> Netherlands.
>
> Unfortunately rebooting didn't help as the system disk seems to have
> crashed and the admin at Jožef Stefan Institute promised to set up a
> new box during the weekend (hoping that no other major hardware
> components failed). I could theoretically set up the whole process on
> the Dutch server, but I would prefer to wait until this server gets up
> and running again as I'll be wasting quite some time making sure that
> things come back to normal.

Thanks for the heads up, Mojca! Don't bother syncing the Dutch server;
this is not urgent, I just wanted to make sure that you're aware of the
situation. Which you are. Good luck with the repair this weekend!

Thomas

* Re: A way to clean up unnecessary files after compilation in CTX mkiv
@ 2016-04-07 10:12   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-04-07 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/7/2016 11:21 AM, L.S.-Soc&Gam wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> i am using mkiv with TeXnicCenter. There is an option to create a
> clean-up processor which deletes temporary files.
> Right now for me the options look as following:
> Executable:            X:\ConTeXt\tex\texmf-win64\bin\texmfstart.exe
> Arguments:            texutil.rb --purgeall
> This is from an old installation instruction from mkii and works great
> but it makes it necessary to install Ruby.
> Since I don't want to install Ruby if it's unnecessary, i'd like to know
> if there is a way to clean up files without mkii and Ruby elements.
> I thought it might be possible to use *context.exe* as processor
> executable for deleting temp files, but i wouldn't know the correct
> arguments.
> Sorry if I missed something obvious.

assuming you run context mkiv:

context --purge somefile.tex

will cleanup afterwards

or without file it will cleanup all left-overs

(btw, the number of runtime generated files is not that large for mkiv:
a tuc file for multipass, and a log file and of course the result pdf file)

Hans

* Re: A way to clean up unnecessary files after compilation in CTX mkiv
@ 2016-04-07 10:55     ` L.S.-Soc&Gam
From: L.S.-Soc&Gam @ 2016-04-07 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Hans,

it works. But there is a problem.
The way you described it, the *.synctex file gets deleted as well, but I
think I need it for Sumatra PDF to sync. When I used texmfstart.exe and
--purgeall this didn't happen.
Any idea would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian

@ 2016-04-07 13:13       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-04-07 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/7/2016 12:55 PM, L.S.-Soc&Gam wrote:
> Thanks Hans,
>
> it works. But there is a problem.
> The way you described it, the *.synctex file gets deleted as well, but I
> think I need it for Sumatra PDF to sync. When I used texmfstart.exe and
> --purgeall this didn't happen.
> Any idea would be great.

no idead .. that file is like a log file ... (basically onely the tuc
file is not purged as it saves successive runs)