* Fourier install fonts
@ 2016-04-11 10:43 Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2016-04-11 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

With Latex, just do it :

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}\usepackage{fourier}

I'm confused about how to do it with Context.
Thanks for your help.

Fabrice

* Re: Fourier install fonts
@ 2016-04-11 17:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-04-11 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 4/11/2016 12:43 PM, Fabrice Couvreur wrote:
> Hi,
> With Latex, just do it  :
>
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage{fourier}
>
> I'm confused about how to do it with Context.
> Thanks for your help.

you need a typescript file for it an dit being 8 bit fonts you also need
a virtual font definition file (like the px, tx and mathdesign fonts
have) ... no big deal (one time job) but someone has to do it
(so far no one needed fourier i guess)

Hans

* Re: Fourier install fonts
@ 2016-04-12 11:19   ` Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2016-04-12 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,
I downloaded the fonts in /home/fab/texmf/fonts/opentype/fourier-GUT then :

fab@debian:~$ mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=*fourier*

resolvers       | trees | analyzing 'home:.texlive2015/texmf-config'
resolvers       | trees | analyzing 'home:texmf'
fourieralternateblack               fourieralternateblack
fourier-alt-black.afm
fourieralternatebold                fourieralternatebold
fourier-alt-bold.afm
fourieralternatebolditalic          fourieralternatebolditalic
fourier-alt-boldita.afm
fourieralternatebolditalicbold      fourieralternatebolditalic
fourier-alt-boldita.afm
fourieralternateitalic              fourieralternateitalic
fourier-alt-ita.afm
fourieralternateitalicnormal        fourieralternateitalic
fourier-alt-ita.afm
fourieralternateroman               fourieralternateroman
fourier-alt.afm
fourieralternateromannormal         fourieralternateroman
fourier-alt.afm
fourieralternatesemibold            fourieralternatesemibold
fourier-alt-semi.afm
fourieralternatesemitalic           fourieralternatesemitalic
fourier-alt-semiita.afm
fourieralternatesemitalicsemibold   fourieralternatesemitalic
fourier-alt-semiita.afm
fouriermathblackboard               fouriermathblackboard
fourier-bb.afm
fouriermathblackboardblack          fouriermathblackboard
fourier-bb.afm
fouriermathcal                      fouriermathcal
fourier-mcl.afm
fouriermathcalnormal                fouriermathcal
fourier-mcl.afm
fouriermathextension                fouriermathextension
fourier-mex.afm
fouriermathextensionmedium          fouriermathextension
fourier-mex.afm
fouriermathletters                  fouriermathletters
fourier-ml.afm
fouriermathlettersbold              fouriermathlettersbold
fourier-mlb.afm
fouriermathlettersbolditalic        fouriermathlettersbolditalic
fourier-mlitb.afm
fouriermathlettersitalic            fouriermathlettersitalic
fourier-mlit.afm
fouriermathlettersnormal            fouriermathletters
fourier-ml.afm
fouriermathsymbols                  fouriermathsymbols
fourier-ms.afm
fouriermathsymbolsbold              fouriermathsymbols
fourier-ms.afm
fourierorns                         fourierorns
fourier-orns.afm
fourierornsnormal                   fourierorns
fourier-orns.afm
fab@debian:~$

I begin with the text without math :

\starttypescript [serif] [fourier]
        \setups[font:fallback:serif]
        \definefontsynonym [Fourier-Regular]
[file:fourier-alt-black.afm]
        \definefontsynonym [Fourier-Italic]      [file:fourier-alt-ita.afm]
        \definefontsynonym [Fourier-Bold]        [file:fourier-alt-bold.afm]
        \definefontsynonym [Fourier-BoldItalic]
[file:fourier-alt-boldita.afm]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [fourier] [name]
        \setups[font:fallback:serif]
        \definefontsynonym [Serif]            [Fourier-Regular]
        \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]      [Fourier-Italic]
        \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]        [Fourier-Bold]
        \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic]  [Fourier-BoldItalic]
\stoptypescript

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif] [fourier] [default]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
\input knuth
\stoptext

Unfortunately, the output file is empty.

Thanks
Fabrice

> On 4/11/2016 12:43 PM, Fabrice Couvreur wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> With Latex, just do it  :
>>
>> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage{fourier}
>>
>> I'm confused about how to do it with Context.
>> Thanks for your help.
>>

> you need a typescript file for it an dit being 8 bit fonts you also need a
> virtual font definition file (like the px, tx and mathdesign fonts have)
> ... no big deal (one time job) but someone has to do it
> (so far no one needed fourier i guess)
>
> Hans

>       tel: 038 477 53 69 | www.pragma-ade.com | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Fourier install fonts
@ 2016-04-12 11:59     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-04-12 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/12/2016 1:19 PM, Fabrice Couvreur wrote:

> [...]
> [file:fourier-alt-black.afm]
>          \definefontsynonym [Fourier-Italic]      [file:fourier-alt-ita.afm]
>          \definefontsynonym [Fourier-Bold]
> [file:fourier-alt-bold.afm]
>          \definefontsynonym [Fourier-BoldItalic]
> [file:fourier-alt-boldita.afm]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \starttypescript [serif] [fourier] [name]
>          \setups[font:fallback:serif]
>          \definefontsynonym [Serif]            [Fourier-Regular]
>          \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]      [Fourier-Italic]
>          \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]        [Fourier-Bold]
>          \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic]  [Fourier-BoldItalic]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif] [fourier] [default]
>
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>
> \starttext
> \input knuth
> \stoptext
>
> Unfortunately, the output file is empty.

these fonts are kind of special .. no text characters, so Serif should
be normal utopia ... the fonts you use now are then later used for the
math,

Hans

* Re: Fourier install fonts
@ 2016-04-15  8:51       ` Fabrice Couvreur
From: Fabrice Couvreur @ 2016-04-15  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,
I renounce the Fourier install fonts, but instead, I will use the fonts
Utopia.
The following file produces the error :

fab@debian:~$ context ntg44.tex

resolvers       | trees | analyzing 'home:texmf'
mtx-context     | run 1: luatex
--fmt="/home/fab/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/formats/luatex/cont-en"
--jobname="ntg44"
--lua="/home/fab/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/formats/luatex/cont-en.lui"
--no-parse-first-line --c:currentrun=1 --c:fulljobname="./ntg44.tex"
--c:input="./ntg44.tex" --c:kindofrun=1 --c:maxnofruns=9 "cont-yes.mkiv"
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.90.0 (TeX Live 2016)
 system commands enabled.

resolvers       > trees > analyzing 'home:texmf'
open source     > 1 > 1 >
/home/fab/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-yes.mkiv

ConTeXt  ver: 2016.03.26 13:51 MKIV beta  fmt: 2016.4.12  int:
english/english

system          > 'cont-new.mkiv' loaded
open source     > 2 > 2 >
/home/fab/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-new.mkiv
close source    > 2 > 2 >
/home/fab/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-new.mkiv
system          > files > jobname 'ntg44', input './ntg44', result 'ntg44'
fonts           > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
languages       > language 'en' is active
open source     > 2 > 3 > /home/fab/ntg44.tex
fonts           > typescripts > unknown library 'utopia'
open source     > 3 > 4 >
/home/fab/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv
close source    > 3 > 4 >
/home/fab/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/mkiv/type-imp-texgyre.mkiv
fonts           > preloading modern-designsize (mono)
fonts           > typescripts > unknown library 'modern-designsize'
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize tt 12pt' is loaded
open source     > 3 > 5 >
/home/fab/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/sample/common/knuth.tex
close source    > 3 > 5 >
/home/fab/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/sample/common/knuth.tex

tex error       > tex error on line 23 in file /home/fab/ntg44.tex: ! Math
error: parameter \Umathaxis\textstyle is not set

\stopdisplaymath ...math \Ucheckedstopdisplaymath
                                                  \par \ifvmode \ifcase
\c_s...
\strc_formulas_stop_formula ...formula \endcsname
                                                  \dostoptagged
\dostoptagge...
l.23 \stopformula

13     \appendtoks \rm \to \everymathematics
14     \setupmathematics
15       [lcgreek=normal, ucgreek=normal]
16
17     \starttext
18
19     \input knuth
20
21     \startformula
22        {\Bbb P}(x) = \sum_{i=1}^n α_i x^i
23 >>  \stopformula
24
25     \stoptext
26
27
28     %%%%%%%
29     %%% Local Variables:
30     %%% Mode: context
31     %%% End:
32

?

\usetypescriptfile[utopia]

\definetypeface[mainface][rm]
               [serif][palatino][default][encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface[mainface][ss][sans]
               [helvetica] [default][encoding=texnansi] [rscale=auto]
\definetypeface[mainface][mm]
               [math] [utopia] [default] [rscale=auto]

\setupbodyfont[mainface,12pt]

\appendtoks \rm \to \everymathematics
\setupmathematics
  [lcgreek=normal, ucgreek=normal]

\starttext

\input knuth

\startformula
   {\Bbb P}(x) = \sum_{i=1}^n α_i x^i
\stopformula

\stoptext

Thanks,
Fabrice

@ 2016-04-17  9:22         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-04-17  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/15/2016 10:51 AM, Fabrice Couvreur wrote:

> Hi Hans,
> I renounce the Fourier install fonts, but instead, I will use the fonts
> Utopia.
> The following file produces the error :

you need both

utopia for text (normal setup, referring to afm names (no tfm/vf needed
there)

fourier for math (using a virtual font setup, like px-math.lfg (probably
you can just copy that one and replace some names to fourier names as it
uses standard tex encoding)

Hans