* some difficulties with btxlist
@ 2016-04-24 21:51 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2016-04-24 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all (in particular Hans and Alan...),

I'm finishing a book project where I'm using the new bibliographic
system. Everything is working as it should, but I have two problems with
line breaks:

1. Page numbers in ranges are separated by an n-dash (as in: 234–567).
It looks as though ConTeXt doesn't break lines at this n-dash. I'm sure
there must be an easy way to tell TeX that this is a legitimate
breakpoint (short of inserting some \penalty manually after every
n-dash), but I can't figure it out myself.

2. For the bibliographic list, there remain some bad line breaks that
cannot be avoided; for these cases, I have added
\setuptolerance[verytolerant,stretch] and expected to see no lines
extending into the margin (at the cost of some ugliness). But there are
still some overfull lines. Does the list have its own tolerance setting
somewhere?

Thanks, and best

Thomas

* Re: some difficulties with btxlist
@ 2016-04-25 15:16 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-04-25 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi all (in particular Hans and Alan...),
>
> I'm finishing a book project where I'm using the new bibliographic
> system. Everything is working as it should, but I have two problems with
> line breaks:
>
> 1. Page numbers in ranges are separated by an n-dash (as in: 234–567).
> It looks as though ConTeXt doesn't break lines at this n-dash. I'm sure
> there must be an easy way to tell TeX that this is a legitimate
> breakpoint (short of inserting some \penalty manually after every
> n-dash), but I can't figure it out myself.

Hi Thomas,

this should do the trick:

    \definebreakpoint
        [compound]