Am 27.04.2016 um 17:10 schrieb Hans Hagen: > indeed they are lots of small examples (taken from the list or > experiments) but they show what can be done > > if they crash (no sure what you mean there) it's most likely due to > fonts you don't have on your machine Yes, many of the blank pages or obscure (to me) error messages seem to be font-related. I'll have to see to that. > a lot has been published in articles in user group journals or for > meetings, there is a font manual that you can buy for nominal costs, > there are some manuals on the website and an extended version of the > more technical one that hardly anyone needs will end up in the > distribution some day soon, there are examples on stack exchange, in > the mail archive an don the wiki ... a lot of this depends on > voluntary work so you can hardly complain about it .. anyone is free > to provide more documentation and share experiences Yes, I know, I'm sorry I let my exasperation run free. When I started out with LaTeX /and/ typesetting more than two decades ago, I had one basic book on LaTeX. Over the years my knowledge of LaTeX, typography, layout design and typesetting grew side by side, if somewhat organically and unsystematic. Nowadays there's about a metre and a half of bookshelf occupied by books on LaTeX, TeX and Typography. As I make books myself, I'm obviously not averse to buying them. I guess the ConTeXt books on fonts and layout will do me good. > btw, if you want to roll out your own features as in extensions-001 > then you also need to know what the font provides (or lacks) .. open > type fonts can be pretty complex and there is no consistency in how > certain features are implemented Yes, I learned that already. Will these home-made features only work on open type fonts? Cheers -- Thomas