Hans, Just now I tried your suggestions: On Aug 8, 2013, at 13:51 , Hans Hagen wrote: >> Here I see two possibilities: >> >> (1) use the XeTeX parameters FakeSlant and FakeBold, which I have done in LaTeX. But I do not know how this is done in ConTeXt. > > \starttext > > \definefontfeature[slanted] [slant=.2] > \definefontfeature[boldened][extend=1.2] > > \definedfont[file:kedage-n*default] ... The slanting and stretched effects come out nicely -- but the complex combinations of the signs are not supported as they are in XeTeX. XeTeX supports the combinations, but not the effects (see attachments hagen-kan-luatex.pdf and hagen-kan-xetex.pdf). >> (2) use the other font files (Kedage-b.TTF etc.), and again I do not know how to do this. > > \definefontfeature[slanted] [slant=.2] > \definefontfeature[boldened][extend=1.2] > > \starttypescript [serif] [kedage] [name] ... No, unfortunately that one doesn't work so well (see attachment hagen-kan1-luatex.pdf). > in context, there is experimental support for devanagari > \definedfont[file:kedage-n*devanagari-one] > > but it all depends on what the font provides Is there any way to find out the font's possibilities, if one doesn't have any technical documentation about it? Robert