For the time being, I think I'm giving up on pairing ConTeXt standalone and TeXworks on my Xubuntu machine and try to try out SciTE. In the manual it says that If you want to use ConTEXt, you need to copy the relevant files from /tex/texmf-context/context/data/scite to the path were SciTE keeps its property files (*.properties) Is that the only way? SciTE seems to keep its user-specific properties files in my home directory! I don't want to clutter that up with 16 unhidden files and two directories. At least SciTE's original files are hidden ones. A much more polite way would be if SciTE used a hidden directory named "~/.scite", or, better still, "~/.config/scite", to keep its config stuff in. Can I reconfigure it to use some place like that? Cheers -- Thomas