* ConTeXt commands
@ 2016-05-18 12:09 Meer, Hans van der
From: Meer, Hans van der @ 2016-05-18 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

What is the latest edition of "ConTeXt commands"? The one I have here is dated July 1,2015. It is missing some commands however: \setupnotes to name an example.

I find it a very handy document, but alas it is not standard in the contextbeta distribution as for example the LuaTeX manual in latest editiion is.
Otherwise, where is it to be found? It seems absent from the Contextgarden homepage.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: ConTeXt commands
@ 2016-05-18 12:39 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-05-18 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/18/2016 2:09 PM, Meer, Hans van der wrote:
> What is the latest edition of "ConTeXt commands"? The one I have here is dated July 1,2015. It is missing some commands however: \setupnotes to name an example.
>
> I find it a very handy document, but alas it is not standard in the contextbeta distribution as for example the LuaTeX manual in latest editiion is.
> Otherwise, where is it to be found? It seems absent from the Contextgarden homepage.

search for i-context.pdf

* Re: ConTeXt commands
@ 2016-05-18 13:04   ` Meer, Hans van der
From: Meer, Hans van der @ 2016-05-18 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

> On 18 May 2016, at 14:39, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
> On 5/18/2016 2:09 PM, Meer, Hans van der wrote:
>> What is the latest edition of "ConTeXt commands"? The one I have here is dated July 1,2015. It is missing some commands however: \setupnotes to name an example.
>>
>> I find it a very handy document, but alas it is not standard in the contextbeta distribution as for example the LuaTeX manual in latest editiion is.
>> Otherwise, where is it to be found? It seems absent from the Contextgarden homepage.
>
> search for i-context.pdf

Found it, but wouldn't have looked for the pdf in the mkiv-sources directory.
May I express the wish that it will be standard located in "tex/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals" where the other ones are? Then I need one symbolic link only "to find them all" (for the Tolkien fans 😃)

Hans van der Meer

* Re: ConTeXt commands
@ 2016-05-18 13:15     ` Mohammad Hossein Bateni
From: Mohammad Hossein Bateni @ 2016-05-18 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

This document is pretty handy and I did not know about it.  Thanks!

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Meer, Hans van der <H.vanderMeer@uva.nl>
wrote:

> > On 18 May 2016, at 14:39, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> >
> > On 5/18/2016 2:09 PM, Meer, Hans van der wrote:
> >> What is the latest edition of "ConTeXt commands"? The one I have here
> is dated July 1,2015. It is missing some commands however: \setupnotes to
> name an example.
> >>
> >> I find it a very handy document, but alas it is not standard in the
> contextbeta distribution as for example the LuaTeX manual in latest
> editiion is.
> >> Otherwise, where is it to be found? It seems absent from the
> Contextgarden homepage.
> >
> > search for i-context.pdf
> >

> Found it, but wouldn't have looked for the pdf in the mkiv-sources
> directory.
> May I express the wish that it will be standard located in
> "tex/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals" where the other
> ones are? Then I need one symbolic link only "to find them all" (for the
> Tolkien fans 😃)
>
> Hans van der Meer

* Re: ConTeXt commands
@ 2016-05-18 13:38       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-05-18 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/18/2016 3:15 PM, Mohammad Hossein Bateni wrote:
> This document is pretty handy and I did not know about it.  Thanks!
>
> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Meer, Hans van der <H.vanderMeer@uva.nl
> <mailto:H.vanderMeer@uva.nl>> wrote:
>

>     > On 18 May 2016, at 14:39, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl <mailto:pragma@wxs.nl>> wrote:
>     >
>     > On 5/18/2016 2:09 PM, Meer, Hans van der wrote:
>     >> What is the latest edition of "ConTeXt commands"? The one I have here is dated July 1,2015. It is missing some commands however: \setupnotes to name an example.
>     >>
>     >> I find it a very handy document, but alas it is not standard in the contextbeta distribution as for example the LuaTeX manual in latest editiion is.
>     >> Otherwise, where is it to be found? It seems absent from the Contextgarden homepage.
>     >
>     > search for i-context.pdf
>     >

>     Found it, but wouldn't have looked for the pdf in the mkiv-sources
>     directory.
>     May I express the wish that it will be standard located in
>     "tex/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals" where the
>     other ones are? Then I need one symbolic link only "to find them
>     all" (for the Tolkien fans 😃)

it's where the source is ... anyway, you can generate it

   context --extra=setups --overview i-context.xml

another xml heaven for you

Hans

* Re: ConTeXt commands
@ 2016-05-18 13:41       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-05-18 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 5/18/2016 3:15 PM, Mohammad Hossein Bateni wrote:
> This document is pretty handy and I did not know about it.  Thanks!

the setups have always been there but i never really kept them in sync
with the latest additions but ... recently they have been upgraded to
describe nearly all commands (also low level ones) .. a pretty
impressive effort by Wolfgang ... the intetface files have been split in
smaller files and are under the interface subpath alongside base

Hans

> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Meer, Hans van der <H.vanderMeer@uva.nl
> <mailto:H.vanderMeer@uva.nl>> wrote:
>

>     > On 18 May 2016, at 14:39, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl <mailto:pragma@wxs.nl>> wrote:
>     >
>     > On 5/18/2016 2:09 PM, Meer, Hans van der wrote:
>     >> What is the latest edition of "ConTeXt commands"? The one I have here is dated July 1,2015. It is missing some commands however: \setupnotes to name an example.
>     >>
>     >> I find it a very handy document, but alas it is not standard in the contextbeta distribution as for example the LuaTeX manual in latest editiion is.
>     >> Otherwise, where is it to be found? It seems absent from the Contextgarden homepage.
>     >
>     > search for i-context.pdf
>     >

>     Found it, but wouldn't have looked for the pdf in the mkiv-sources
>     directory.
>     May I express the wish that it will be standard located in
>     "tex/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals" where the
>     other ones are? Then I need one symbolic link only "to find them
>     all" (for the Tolkien fans 😃)
>
>     Hans van der Meer

* Re: ConTeXt commands
@ 2016-05-18 13:46         ` Meer, Hans van der
From: Meer, Hans van der @ 2016-05-18 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

On 18 May 2016, at 15:41, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl<mailto:pragma@wxs.nl>> wrote:

the setups have always been there but i never really kept them in sync with the latest additions but ... recently they have been upgraded to describe nearly all commands (also low level ones) .. a pretty impressive effort by Wolfgang ... the intetface files have been split in smaller files and are under the interface subpath alongside base

He is to be praised!

Hans van der Meer

* Re: ConTeXt commands
@ 2016-05-19  3:29           ` Henman
From: Henman @ 2016-05-19  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

*Wolfgang*,
     you efforts are very helpful to all.   Much appreciated.

Henman