* (off-topic) concatenating signed PDF documents
@ 2017-03-08 17:37 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-03-08 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I have a question for users with more knowledge on digitally-signed PDF
documents.

Is it possible to concatenate PDF documents (each signed by a different
certificate [by a different person]) into a single PDF document without
invalidating any signature?

I tried to join all PDF files with pdftk, but digital signatures in the
resulting file were invalid.

I guess that I’m trying something impossible, but I’ll really appreciate
the confirmation from somebody with experience in digital-signed PDF
documents.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: (off-topic) concatenating signed PDF documents
@ 2017-03-08 18:35 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2017-03-08 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

»If you have PDF documents digitally signed the only way to combine them preserving their signatures is to create a PDF Portfolio with Acrobat Pro.«

Source:
https://answers.acrobatusers.com/How-do-I-combine-multiple-files-to-one-PDF-when-one-or-more-files-has-been-digitally-signed-through-Docusign-q127556.aspx

@ 2017-03-08 18:56   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-03-08 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 03/08/2017 07:35 PM, Henri Menke wrote:
> »If you have PDF documents digitally signed the only way to combine
> them preserving their signatures is to create a PDF Portfolio with
> Acrobat Pro.«

Many thanks for your reply, Henri.

I saw that a way is attaching the PDF files to another PDF document.

My understanding of PDF Portfoliios is that they are only a fancy way of
presenting the attached files in the PDF.

I’m afraid that adding attachments to a PDF file would make life too
hard for the recipients of the file.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--