* crop marks
@ 2016-06-29 10:14 Thomas Fehige
From: Thomas Fehige @ 2016-06-29 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wonder how I can get crop marks to work. This is what I have, but they
don't show:

%=== MWE =====

\definepapersize[Labelpaper][width=95mm,height=90mm]
\setuppapersize[Labelpaper][A4,portrait]

\setuplayout[
	backspace=3mm,
	margin=0mm,
	topspace=3mm,
	header=0mm,
	footer=0mm,
	width=89mm,
	height=84mm,
	nx=2,
	ny=3,
	location=middle,
	marking=on   % according to the wiki,
                      % this should show the crop marks
]

\showframe    % not for the final printing of course

\starttext
~             % Dummy text, I'll work with background layers.
\stoptext

%==============

* Re: crop marks
@ 2016-06-29 10:36 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-06-29 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Thomas Fehige <mailto:thomas@fehige.de>
> 29. Juni 2016 um 12:14
> I wonder how I can get crop marks to work. This is what I have, but
> they don't show:
>
> %=== MWE =====
>
> \definepapersize[Labelpaper][width=95mm,height=90mm]
> \setuppapersize[Labelpaper][A4,portrait]
>
> \setuplayout[
>     backspace=3mm,
>     margin=0mm,
>     topspace=3mm,
>     header=0mm,
>     footer=0mm,
>     width=89mm,
>     height=84mm,
>     nx=2,
>     ny=3,
>     location=middle,
>     marking=on   % according to the wiki,
You need a "," after "on", otherwise context uses the following spaces
as part of the value and it sees "on ".

Wolfgang

* Re: crop marks
@ 2016-06-29 10:37 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2016-06-29 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 29 Jun 2016, at 12:14, Thomas Fehige <thomas@fehige.de> wrote:
>
> \definepapersize[Labelpaper][width=95mm,height=90mm]
> \setuppapersize[Labelpaper][A4,portrait]
>
> \setuplayout[
> 	backspace=3mm,
> 	margin=0mm,
> 	topspace=3mm,
> 	header=0mm,
> 	footer=0mm,
> 	width=89mm,
> 	height=84mm,
> 	nx=2,
> 	ny=3,
> 	location=middle,
> 	marking=on   % according to the wiki,
>                     % this should show the crop marks
> ]
>
> \showframe    % not for the final printing of course
>
> \starttext
> ~             % Dummy text, I'll work with background layers.
> \stoptext

Either put a comma after your last assignment marking=on, or move the closing bracket right after this assignment.

Thomas

* Re: crop marks
@ 2016-06-29 12:34   ` Thomas Fehige
From: Thomas Fehige @ 2016-06-29 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Wolfgang and Thomas, that was it.

Now, what if I want crop marks only outside the printed area? As it is
now, they appear also where the cutting lines cross each other between
the single "pages". That way they'll end up on either the one or the
other of the adjacent pages, maybe half a line on both, depending on how
more or less precise printer and cutting alignments work.

Thanks -- Thomas

Am 29.06.2016 um 12:37 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:

>> On 29 Jun 2016, at 12:14, Thomas Fehige <thomas@fehige.de> wrote:
>>
>> \definepapersize[Labelpaper][width=95mm,height=90mm]
>> \setuppapersize[Labelpaper][A4,portrait]
>>
>> \setuplayout[
>> 	backspace=3mm,
>> 	margin=0mm,
>> 	topspace=3mm,
>> 	header=0mm,
>> 	footer=0mm,
>> 	width=89mm,
>> 	height=84mm,
>> 	nx=2,
>> 	ny=3,
>> 	location=middle,
>> 	marking=on   % according to the wiki,
>>                      % this should show the crop marks
>> ]
>>
>> \showframe    % not for the final printing of course
>>
>> \starttext
>> ~             % Dummy text, I'll work with background layers.
>> \stoptext
>
> Either put a comma after your last assignment marking=on, or move the closing bracket right after this assignment.
>
> Thomas

* Re: crop marks
@ 2016-06-29 12:35   ` Thomas Fehige
From: Thomas Fehige @ 2016-06-29 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Wolfgang and Thomas, that was it.

Now, what if I want crop marks only outside the printed area? As it is
now, they appear also where the cutting lines cross each other between
the single "pages". That way they'll end up on either the one or the
other of the adjacent pages, maybe half a line on both, depending on how
more or less precise printer and cutting alignments work.

Thanks -- Thomas

Am 29.06.2016 um 12:37 schrieb Thomas A. Schmitz:

>> On 29 Jun 2016, at 12:14, Thomas Fehige <thomas@fehige.de> wrote:
>>
>> \definepapersize[Labelpaper][width=95mm,height=90mm]
>> \setuppapersize[Labelpaper][A4,portrait]
>>
>> \setuplayout[
>> 	backspace=3mm,
>> 	margin=0mm,
>> 	topspace=3mm,
>> 	header=0mm,
>> 	footer=0mm,
>> 	width=89mm,
>> 	height=84mm,
>> 	nx=2,
>> 	ny=3,
>> 	location=middle,
>> 	marking=on   % according to the wiki,
>>                      % this should show the crop marks
>> ]
>>
>> \showframe    % not for the final printing of course
>>
>> \starttext
>> ~             % Dummy text, I'll work with background layers.
>> \stoptext
>
> Either put a comma after your last assignment marking=on, or move the closing bracket right after this assignment.
>
> Thomas

* Italic in margins and footntes
@ 2016-06-29 16:06     ` Jean-Pierre Delange
From: Jean-Pierre Delange @ 2016-06-29 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear ConTeXt wizards,

I am currently writing a course. I need some notes in the left margin. I have written this in the preamble :

\setuppapersize[A4]
\setuplanguage[fr]
\setuplayout [backspace=40mm]
\setuppagenumbering[location={header,inright}]
\setupmargindata[inmargin][location=left]
\setupmargindata[inmargin][style={\switchtobodyfont[ss,10pt]}]
\setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [serif] [New Athena Unicode] [preset=range:greek]% for some words in greek
\definefontfamily [mainface] [serif] [GFS Didot]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]
\setupindenting[1.5em]
\setupindenting[yes]
\setupframedtexts[][left,10pt]
\starttext

 A problem occurs : while some words are well printed in italics in the body text (and in footnotes), this is not the case in the left margin with this code :
\inmargin[][align=middle]{Cf. Platon, {\em Timée}, 29b.}

Thanks for your help !
JP

* Re: Italic in margins and footntes
@ 2016-06-29 19:21       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-06-29 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/29/2016 06:06 PM, Jean-Pierre Delange wrote:

> Dear ConTeXt wizards,
>
> I am currently writing a course. I need some notes in the left
> margin. I have written this in the preamble :
>
> \setuppapersize[A4]
> \setuplanguage[fr]
> \setuplayout [backspace=40mm]
> \setuppagenumbering[location={header,inright}]
> \setupmargindata[inmargin][location=left]
> \setupmargindata[inmargin][style={\switchtobodyfont[ss,10pt]}]
> \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
> \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [serif] [New Athena Unicode] [preset=range:greek]% for some words in greek
> \definefontfamily [mainface] [serif] [GFS Didot]
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
> \setupindenting[1.5em]
> \setupindenting[yes]
> \setupframedtexts[][left,10pt]
> \starttext
>
> A problem occurs : while some words are well printed in italics in
> the body text (and in footnotes), this is not the case in the left margin
> with this code : \inmargin[][align=middle]{Cf. Platon, {\em Timée}, 29b.}

Hi Jean-Pierre,

you have to define a sans font after the serif font, such as in:

  \definefontfamily [mainface] [sans] [GFS Neohellenic]

BTW, latest beta versions require force=yes in \definefallbackfamily.

Just out of curiosity, do you plan to post the resulting PDF file online?

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Italic in margins and footntes
@ 2016-06-30 12:33         ` Jean-Pierre Delange
From: Jean-Pierre Delange @ 2016-06-30 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Pablo !

Thank you for your reply. It doesn't work, yet : the compilation stops without producing any log file.
For the moment I have two goals : writing this course with a correct and beautiful PDF print and structuring 360 pages with 23 chapters (with greek aristotelian quotations). I am just trying to face the first goal !
I send you privately a sample of what I am trying to do.
JP

@ 2016-06-30 18:10           ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-06-30 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/30/2016 02:33 PM, Jean-Pierre Delange wrote:
> Hi Pablo !
>
> Thank you for your reply. It doesn't work, yet : the compilation
> stops without producing any log file.

Hi Jean-Pierre,

the issue with the font is fixed, but you had a footnote that didn’t
have the final } and this prevented compilation.

But the rest of the issues will be dealt in a private reply.

Cheers,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* crop marks
@ 1998-06-17 15:13 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 1998-06-17 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I must be overlooking some example, since I can't seem to get crop
marks... what I do is this:

\gebruikspecials[tpd]
\stelpapierformaatin[A5][A4]
\stellayoutin[markering=aan]
\starttekst
testing... testing...
\stoptekst

aren't crop marks activated by [markering=aan] ?

Met hartelijke groet!

 Frans Goddijn   | bbs: +31 (0)26 3217041
 Postbus 30196   | email: fg@fgbbs.iaf.nl
 6803 AD Arnhem  | tel: +31 (0)26 3219342
 The Netherlands | http://www.iaf.nl/Users/Meridian
--
You are what you is