* Math columns in Natural Tables
@ 2016-07-31 15:09 Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2016-07-31 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear list,

with the old tabulate macros there was the possibility to format columns as math (m for inline, M for display).  Is there any possibility to typeset cells in math mode in Natural Tables?  This way, the hyphen would be rendered as minus and spacing around relation and binary operators would be consistent (example below).

Cheers, Henri

---

\starttext

\starttabulate[|m|]
  \NC -4.11\%<0.02\% \NC\NR
\stoptabulate

%\setupTABLE[???]
\startTABLE
  \NC -4.11\%<0.02\% \NC\NR
\stopTABLE

\stoptext

* Re: Math columns in Natural Tables
@ 2016-08-01 11:59 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-08-01 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 7/31/2016 5:09 PM, Henri Menke wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> with the old tabulate macros there was the possibility to format columns as math (m for inline, M for display).  Is there any possibility to typeset cells in math mode in Natural Tables?  This way, the hyphen would be rendered as minus and spacing around relation and binary operators would be consistent (example below).
>
> Cheers, Henri
>
> ---
>
> \starttext
>
> \starttabulate[|m|]
>   \NC -4.11\%<0.02\% \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate
>
> %\setupTABLE[???]
> \startTABLE
>   \NC -4.11\%<0.02\% \NC\NR
> \stopTABLE
>
> \stoptext

a bit tricky but a next version will have

\setupTABLE[c][1][style=math]

* Re: Math columns in Natural Tables
@ 2016-08-01 13:47   ` Mohammad Hossein Bateni
From: Mohammad Hossein Bateni @ 2016-08-01 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nice!  I also was looking for this feature a while back.  Is this going to
correspond to 'm' or 'M'?

@ 2016-08-01 13:56     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-08-01 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/1/2016 3:47 PM, Mohammad Hossein Bateni wrote:
> Nice!  I also was looking for this feature a while back.  Is this going
> to correspond to 'm' or 'M'?

inline math (for display we'd need another one so not now)

* Re: Math columns in Natural Tables
@ 2016-08-01 13:59     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-08-01 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)