* marking in two pass data
@ 2016-08-07  9:15 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2016-08-07  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

the example is kind of silly but shows my problem: I use Lua to
manipulate data from xml files, and I want to typeset it as natural
tables. Is it possible to set a marking within such tables so that it
works in page headers? I hit a similar problem some time ago, but I'm
not sure I found any good solution for it...

Thanks

Thomas

Example:

\starttext

\setupTABLE [split=repeat]

\definemarking [Test]

\setupheadertexts [{\getmarking[Test][top]--\getmarking[Test][bottom]}]

\startluacode

samples = {
   { "A", "aesop-de.tex" },
   { "B", "bryson.tex" },
   { "C", "carey.tex" },
   { "D", "cervantes-es.tex" },
   { "E", "darwin.tex" },
   { "F", "davis.tex" },
   { "G", "dawkins.tex" },
   { "H", "douglas.tex" },
   { "I", "hawking.tex" },
  }

  context.bTABLE()
  for _, k in ipairs(samples) do
    context.marking( { "Test" }, k[1])
    context.bTR()
    context.bTD()
    context(k[1])
    context.eTD()
    context.bTD()
    context.input( k[2] )
    context.eTD()
    context.eTR()
end
context.eTABLE()

\stopluacode

\stoptext

* Re: marking in two pass data
@ 2016-08-08 11:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2016-08-08 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/7/2016 11:15 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> \starttext
>
> \setupTABLE [split=repeat]
>
> \definemarking [Test]
>
> \setupheadertexts [{\getmarking[Test][top]--\getmarking[Test][bottom]}]
>
> \startluacode
>
> samples = {
>   { "A", "aesop-de.tex" },
>   { "B", "bryson.tex" },
>   { "C", "carey.tex" },
>   { "D", "cervantes-es.tex" },
>   { "E", "darwin.tex" },
>   { "F", "davis.tex" },
>   { "G", "dawkins.tex" },
>   { "H", "douglas.tex" },
>   { "I", "hawking.tex" },
>  }
>
>  context.bTABLE()
>  for _, k in ipairs(samples) do
>    context.marking( { "Test" }, k[1])
>    context.bTR()
>    context.bTD()
>    context(k[1])
>    context.eTD()
>    context.bTD()
>    context.input( k[2] )
>    context.eTD()
>    context.eTR()
> end
> context.eTABLE()
>
> \stopluacode
>
> \stoptext

I bet you can figure out why this works:

    context.bTD()
    context.marking( { "Test" }, k[2])
    context(k[1])
    context.eTD()

* Re: marking in two pass data
@ 2016-08-08 13:10   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2016-08-08 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/08/2016 01:56 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> I bet you can figure out why this works:
>
>     context.bTD()
>     context.marking( { "Test" }, k[2])
>     context(k[1])
>     context.eTD()

Uugh, I thought I was clever in leaving it out of the cell, but of
course, now I see my error! (In my defense, I made a stupid typo in my
real-life file that made it harder to spot this). Thanks Hans,
everything is fine now!

Thomas