* Overfull boxes in bibliography
@ 2016-08-29 22:23 Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2016-08-29 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear list,

I noticed, that even though I set \version[temporary] to make overfull boxes visible, they were not marked with an overfullrule in the bibliography.  Below you find a minimal example which reproduces the problem on TL 2016.  First I typeset the entry by hand where the black rectangle shows up in the margin, then I format it automatically using \placelistofpublications where no box is shown.

How can I have overfull boxes highlighted in the bibliography?

Many thanks, Henri

---

\startbuffer[biblio]
@article{Heisenberg1926,
  author = {Heisenberg, W.},
  title = {Mehrk\"orperproblem und Resonanz in der Quantenmechanik},
  journal = {Zeitschrift f\"ur Physik},
  year = {1926},
  volume = {38},
  number = {6},
  pages = {411--426},
  issn = {0044-3328},
  doi = {10.1007/BF01397160},
  url = {http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF01397160}
}
\stopbuffer

\version[temporary]
\setuppapersize[A5][A5]

\usebtxdataset[biblio.buffer]
\usebtxdefinitions[aps]

\starttext

\showframe

\setupitemize[left={[},right={]},width=3em,stopper=]
\startitemize[n]
\item W. Heisenberg, Mehrkörperproblem und Resonanz in der
  Quantenmechanik, {\em Zeitschrift für Physik} {\bf 38}(6), 411--426 (1926).
\stopitemize

\nocite[Heisenberg1926]
\placelistofpublications

\stoptext

* Re: Overfull boxes in bibliography
@ 2016-09-27 11:33 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2016-09-27 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bump

@ 2016-09-28 11:29 ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2016-09-28 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

It turns out that "alignment" of the bibliography lists does not take the document global settings, but rather, like in other cases such as a framed environment, alignment is reset to the default value: strict alignment does not give the best results for the bibliography list rendering, so I have now set this is the various style specifications to be "{verytolerant,stretch}".

Awaiting that this correction be propagated, one can add

\setupbtxlist
  [aps] % for example
  [align={normal,verytolerant,stretch}]

in your setup. There should then be no need for overfill boxes.

Alan

@ 2016-09-28 11:43   ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2016-09-28 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Alan,

many thanks for the suggested fix for the overfull box.  However, I am looking for a solution to fix the *missing display* of overfull boxes.  What I want is that the black rectangle is shown in the margin when there is an overfull box in the bibliography.  The overfull box in the bibliography is also not reported in the log.

Cheers, Henri

@ 2016-09-28 12:57     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-09-28 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)