* buffering inside xmlsetups
@ 2016-10-11 12:43 Meer, Hans van der
From: Meer, Hans van der @ 2016-10-11 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

A problem I am obviously not able to solve.
It can be described as follows.

I have an xmlsetup <tex>..</tex> that typesets texcode embedded in an xml document. Now it is needed to embed initializing a buffer and typesetting lateron with \getbuffer. Alas, doing the following does not woek:
<tex>
\startbuffer[name]
bufferdata
\stopbuffer
</tex>
because the TeX input hangs. My guess being that the \stopbuffer fails to terminate the data intake.

I then tried to split off the buffer filling with a separate xmlsetup. But here too, the TeX input halts:

% Usage: <buffer name="name">
\startxmlsetups xmlcommon:buffer
	\startbuffer[name=\xmlatt{#1}{name}]
	\xmlflush{#1}
	\stopbuffer
\stopxmlsetups
% Usage: <getbuffer name="name">
\startxmlsetups xmlcommon:getbuffer
	\xmlflushcontext{\getbuffer[name=\xmlatt{#1}{name}]}
\stopxmlsetups

and as input: <buffer name="name">inputdata</buffer> followed by .
The getbuffer setup is not even reached, as is obvious.

I tried \xmltofile to put the data into an intermediate file, but to no avail because it produces the following, leading at best to recursion when processed by \xmlprocessfile.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!-- exported fragment -->
<buffer>
bufferdata