* Soft-hyphen in Antykwa.
@ 2021-06-26 22:38 Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2021-06-26 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

All,

In recent compilations of a document using Antykwa Torunska Condensed
(in headings in the margin), I now have no hyphen at a word break, and
see the following in the log:

    fonts           > checking > char ­ (U+000AD) in font
    'AntykwaTorunskaCond-Regular' with id 73: missing

Is there a way to restore the hyphen that once appeared? (ConTeXt  ver:
2021.06.25 22:49 LMTX).

--
Rik

* Re: Soft-hyphen in Antykwa.
@ 2021-06-27  1:38 ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2021-06-27  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 6/26/2021 18:38, Rik Kabel wrote:
> All,
>
> In recent compilations of a document using Antykwa Torunska Condensed
> (in headings in the margin), I now have no hyphen at a word break, and
> see the following in the log:
>
>     fonts           > checking > char ­ (U+000AD) in font
>     'AntykwaTorunskaCond-Regular' with id 73: missing
>
> Is there a way to restore the hyphen that once appeared? (ConTeXt  ver:
> 2021.06.25 22:49 LMTX).

More information, sorry for the lack of detail in the first post.

1. The problem appears to be associated with tagging. Set the state to
stop, or remove the line, and the hyphen appears.

2. When HeadFont is libertinus, there is no problem.

Sample document:

\definefontfamily  [HeadFont]
                    [rm]
                    [Antykwa Torunska Cond]
\setuphead         [chapter]
                    [style=\HeadFont\tfa]
\setuphead         [section]
                    [alternative=margintext,
                     before={\blank[big]\blank},
                     insidesection={\blank[-line]\setupindenting[next]},
                     style=\HeadFont\tf]
\setupindenting    [yes,
                     small]
\setuptagging      [state=start]
\setupbodyfont     [libertinus,12pt]
\starttext
   \startchapter    [title=Testing Antykwa Torunska Condensed breaks]
     \input klein
     \startsection  [title=Abracadabra]
       \input knuth
     \stopsection
   \stopchapter
\stoptext

--
Rik

* Re: Soft-hyphen in Antykwa.
@ 2021-06-27 11:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-06-27 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/27/2021 12:38 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
> All,
>
> In recent compilations of a document using Antykwa Torunska Condensed
> (in headings in the margin), I now have no hyphen at a word break, and
> see the following in the log:
>
>     fonts           > checking > char ­ (U+000AD) in font
>     'AntykwaTorunskaCond-Regular' with id 73: missing
>
> Is there a way to restore the hyphen that once appeared? (ConTeXt  ver:
> 2021.06.25 22:49 LMTX).

fixed in next upload

* Re: Soft-hyphen in Antykwa.
@ 2021-06-27 18:14   ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2021-06-27 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/27/2021 07:46, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 6/27/2021 12:38 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> In recent compilations of a document using Antykwa Torunska Condensed
>> (in headings in the margin), I now have no hyphen at a word break,
>> and see the following in the log:
>>
>>     fonts           > checking > char ­ (U+000AD) in font
>>     'AntykwaTorunskaCond-Regular' with id 73: missing
>>
>> Is there a way to restore the hyphen that once appeared? (ConTeXt
>> ver: 2021.06.25 22:49 LMTX).
>
> fixed in next upload

Thank you for the fix.

For the record, I note that this is still a problem in MkIV.

--
Rik

* Re: Soft-hyphen in Antykwa.
@ 2021-06-27 20:16     ` Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2021-06-27 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/27/2021 14:14, Rik Kabel wrote:

> On 6/27/2021 07:46, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 6/27/2021 12:38 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> In recent compilations of a document using Antykwa Torunska
>>> Condensed (in headings in the margin), I now have no hyphen at a
>>> word break, and see the following in the log:
>>>
>>>     fonts           > checking > char ­ (U+000AD) in font
>>>     'AntykwaTorunskaCond-Regular' with id 73: missing
>>>
>>> Is there a way to restore the hyphen that once appeared? (ConTeXt
>>> ver: 2021.06.25 22:49 LMTX).
>>
>> fixed in next upload
>>
> Thank you for the fix.
>
> For the record, I note that this is still a problem in MkIV.

And additionally, for the record, erasing the font cache and
regenerating got it back for MkIV (via --luatex).

--
Rik