* Different authorconversion for citation alternatives and bibliographic entries
@ 2021-06-30  8:20 Ágoston Volcz
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Ágoston Volcz @ 2021-06-30  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi there,

My university has special requirements for the theses I submit.
Layout, fonts etc. are pretty straightforward to set up in ConTeXt.
The one part I'm struggling with is citations / bibliography.
I have to use the german citation style with footnotes. Essentially
the first time I cite something, I have to put the full entry in a
footnote. From the second time on, I only have to put a shorter entry
in the footnotes.
I have two problems:

1. I created the publ-imp-deu.lua and publ-imp-deu.mkvi files. If I
put them into the
~/bin/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/ directory, I
get the following two lines in the log:
```
publications    > unknown library 'deu'
publications    > no data definition file 'publ-imp-deu.lua' for 'deu'
```
If I put them into the directory where my thesis is, they seem to get
recognized, but I would very much like to reuse them and not have to
copy them to each project directory. What am I doing wrong?

2. Entries in the bibliography and fist time citations must have
'normal' authorconversion, while consequent citations must have
'normalshort'. For consequent citations I defined the 'authortitle'
alternative.
In the thesis I have:
```
\usebtxdataset[default][literature.bib]
\usebtxdefinitions[deu]
\setupbtx[deu]
```
A snippet from the publ-imp-deu.mkvi:
```
\definebtx
    [deu:list]
    [deu]
    [authorconversion=normal]

\definebtx
    [deu:cite]
    [deu]
    [authorconversion=normalshort,
     alternative=authortitle]

\startsetups btx:deu:list:book
{\sc \btxflush{author}}\btxcolon \btxflush{title}
\btxdoif{subtitle}{\btxperiod\btxflush{subtitle}}\btxperiod
\btxflush{address}\btxcolon \btxflush{publisher} \btxflush{year}
\btxdoif{series}{ (\btxflush{series} \btxflush{volume})}\btxperiod
\stopsetups

```
In the setup and definition, the fields I defined do get into the
citation correctly, but the authorconversion remains 'normal'. If I
comment out the lines which set up 'normal' authorconversion for the
list, everything, including the bibliography and 'entry' type
citations get 'normalshort'. Is that a bug or am I missing something?

Thank you,
Agoston

* Different authorconversion for citation alternatives and bibliographic entries
@ 2021-08-28  1:11 Joey McCollum via ntg-context
From: Joey McCollum via ntg-context @ 2021-08-28  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)