* \showbodyfont
@ 2006-01-29 23:26 andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-01-29 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi to all,
I started taking a look to fonts. Actually installation is out of my
possibilities but I won't give up so easily...

In any case, I was trying to understand which fonts are actually
available on my context installation.
How do I make  \showbodyfont display all available families?

Directly: are there other ways to explore available fonts?

Thanks  a lot
  Best

-a-

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
http://www.semiotiche.it/andrea
andrea.valle@unito.it

* Re: \showbodyfont
@ 2006-01-31  9:12 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-01-31  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

andrea valle wrote:
> How do I make  \showbodyfont display all available families?

The short answer is: you can't.

 From within TeX, the only thing possible is to try to load
a font, and see if that works or not. There is no way to
ask for a 'list of installed fonts', so you would have to
iterate through a list of guesses. Perhaps the wiki
pages can help with those guesses, but:

> Directly: are there other ways to explore available fonts?

The documentation of (miktex,tetex,texlive,gwtex) should contain
some information about installed fonts.

If you tell what TeX distribution and what options you installed,
then it is likely that someone on the list (with the same
distribution) can make a guess about what you have and do not
have.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: \showbodyfont
@ 2006-01-31  9:52   ` andrea valle
From: andrea valle @ 2006-01-31  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

(Thanks Taco)

> The short answer is: you can't.

It's a pity not to be able to do this kind of snooping, I think.

> If you tell what TeX distribution and what options you installed,
> then it is likely that someone on the list (with the same
> distribution) can make a guess about what you have and do not
> have.

I have Gerben's on macosx 10.3.

Best

-a-