* installing latest beta (Minimals)
@ 2008-10-18 11:33 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2008-10-18 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

My attempt to update my ConTeXtMinimals using ./first-setup.sh failed.
The message reported was:

mkiv lua stats : loaded fonts              - none
! LuaTeX error ...mals/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-tex.lua:
322: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'total' (a nil value).
<*> ...texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-nl.tex
                                                   \dump
?

Alan

* Re: installing latest beta (Minimals)
@ 2008-10-18 11:43 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-10-18 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
> My attempt to update my ConTeXtMinimals using ./first-setup.sh failed. The
> message reported was:
> mkiv lua stats : loaded fonts              - none
> ! LuaTeX error ...mals/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-tex.lua:322:
> attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'total' (a nil value).
> <*> ...texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-nl.tex
>                                                   \dump
> ?

My first guess is that it's because Hans uploaded a beta that needs a
not-yet-beta LuaTeX that's not available in minimals. (Another
possibility is mismatch in luatools version.)

Hans, what about misusing "alpha" for such cases when one needs some
not-yet-released luatex?

As a remedy, you can try to run
    ./first-setup.sh --context=current
but I probably need to fix luatools and mtxrun symlinks.

I need to go now, but I'll inspect in the evening.

I have created "experimental" branch for such cases, but I cannot
enable it until Patrick changes the server (that should happer rather
soon).

Mojca

* Re: installing latest beta (Minimals)
@ 2008-10-18 12:27   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2008-10-18 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Mojca, I will revert to an older version in the meantime.

(I was testing my revised procedure for updating the Mac minimals---
thanks for your suggestions by the way---which I will post soon.)

Cheers, Alan

@ 2008-10-19 15:05   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-10-19 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
>> My attempt to update my ConTeXtMinimals using ./first-setup.sh failed. The
>> message reported was:
>> mkiv lua stats : loaded fonts              - none
>> ! LuaTeX error ...mals/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-tex.lua:322:
>> attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'total' (a nil value).
>> <*> ...texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-nl.tex
>>                                                   \dump
>> ?
>
> My first guess is that it's because Hans uploaded a beta that needs a
> not-yet-beta LuaTeX that's not available in minimals. (Another
> possibility is mismatch in luatools version.)
>
> Hans, what about misusing "alpha" for such cases when one needs some
> not-yet-released luatex?

i wanted to do that but then i'd already been generating beta's for days
  on my machine for taco and idris to test which means that in my to be
synced web tree there already would be a beta (and not the best one)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE