* Tables, footnotes and references
@ 2003-06-11 10:56 Maarten Sneep
From: Maarten Sneep @ 2003-06-11 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I want to make a table with some footnotes belonging to that table. As
an extra, one of the footnotes needs to be referenced to multiple times:

bla    bla    bla*
bla    bla    bla*
bla    bla    bla

*blabla

Questions:
  - which of the table formatting commands in ConTeXt is most suitable
for this?
  - Can I just use a footnote command to create footnotes for a table
(or do I need to do something
    special?)
  - How do I reference a footnote (or get the symbol for a specific
footnote)?

Regards,

Maarten Sneep

The problem with the global village is all the global village idiots.

* mptopdf.tex: \topskip
@ 2003-06-11 20:30 ` Hartmut Henkel
From: Hartmut Henkel @ 2003-06-11 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

If one converts a file x.mp into pdf, e. g. a small file x.mp

beginfig(1) labeloffset:=0; label.urt("Hello", origin); endfig; end

by the command mptopdf, the lower part of the word "Hello" in the
resulting x-1.pdf file is missing, it's below the Bounding Box!

Reason for this is, that in mptopdf.tex, macro \processMPfile, the
\topskip is not set to zero. I included a \topskip=0pt before the line
with \setbox0=..., and the resulting x-1.pdf now has the word "Hello"
within its bounding box, which I believe should be the correct behavior.
And also Acroread now shows the complete word.

Best Regards

Hartmut

* Re: mptopdf.tex: \topskip
@ 2003-06-11 21:24   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-06-11 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 22:30 11/06/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>If one converts a file x.mp into pdf, e. g. a small file x.mp
>
>beginfig(1) labeloffset:=0; label.urt("Hello", origin); endfig; end
>
>by the command mptopdf, the lower part of the word "Hello" in the
>resulting x-1.pdf file is missing, it's below the Bounding Box!
>
>Reason for this is, that in mptopdf.tex, macro \processMPfile, the
>\topskip is not set to zero. I included a \topskip=0pt before the line
>with \setbox0=..., and the resulting x-1.pdf now has the word "Hello"
>within its bounding box, which I believe should be the correct behavior.
>And also Acroread now shows the complete word.

ok, added

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: mptopdf.tex: \topskip
@ 2003-06-11 21:55     ` Hartmut Henkel
From: Hartmut Henkel @ 2003-06-11 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks a lot, Hans, But it doesn't break anything? E. g.

%D ..., the graphic is positioned in
%D such a way that accuracy in \PDF\ xforms is guaranteed.

I don't want to spoil it. :-)

Greetings Hartmut

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Hans Hagen wrote:

> ok, added
>
> Hans

* Re: mptopdf.tex: \topskip
@ 2003-06-12  9:24       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-06-12  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 23:55 11/06/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Thanks a lot, Hans, But it doesn't break anything? E. g.
>
>%D ..., the graphic is positioned in
>%D such a way that accuracy in \PDF\ xforms is guaranteed.

we'll see