Hello, (– resending now without resulting .pdf to avoid attachment size limit –) option "none" has different effect with \placetable and \placefloat. No problem with this, but as I thought both commands raise from the same code (or more precisely: I thought that \placetable is special case (specialization) of \placefloat), I'm a bit surprised that \placefloat[none] keeps caption whilst \placetable[none] supresses it. See the sample: ---- \setupexternalfigures[location=default] \starttext \placetable[force,none]{}{\externalfigure[cow]} % [1] \placefloat[force,none]{}{\externalfigure[cow]} \stoptext ---- (I'm aware that I'm placing \externalfigure into \placetable in [1] - does it matter?) - Also relates here: https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/placefloat . Best regards, Lukas