From: Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu>
Subject: Re: Installing ConTeXt Minimals on a Mac
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:03:33 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi, Mocja---

Many thanks for your reply: it is very encouraging. First things
first, then: let’s make sure I have things in the right place.

The output of
find /Applications/ConTeXtMinimals | head -n 20
is
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/.DS_Store
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/bin
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/bin/mtx-update-old.lua
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/bin/mtx-update.lua
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/bin/mtxrun
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/bin/texlua
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/first-setup.sh
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/status-of-update.lua
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/.DS_Store
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/setuptex
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/setuptex.bat
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/setuptex.tmf
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf/.DS_Store
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf/doc
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf/doc/.DS_Store
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf/doc/fonts
/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf/doc/fonts/.DS_Store

I will wait for word from you about the changes you suggest to fix (a)
and for Jérôme to fix the sync parser (c).

I tried both
  . /Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/setuptex
and
export PATH=/Applications/ConTeXtMinimals/tex/texmf-osx-intel/bin:$PATH
in ~/.bash_profile file (that is, in Users/alancbowen)
but when I typed
texmfstart ctxtools --contextversion
it listed only those in my texlive2007 distribution---no mention of
the ConTeXtMinimals.

Cheers, Alan