* Furigana
@ 2010-10-10 12:13 S Barmeier
From: S Barmeier @ 2010-10-10 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear CJK experts,

I am looking to add furigana (readings) above the Kanji (Chinese characters)
in a Japanese text.

In XeTeX I'd be used to something translating to

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\usemodule[ruby]
\starttext
\ruby{今日}{こんにち}は
\stoptext

What would be the correct command for mkiv?

Many thanks.
Severin

* Re: Furigana
@ 2010-10-10 13:14 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-10-10 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 10.10.2010 um 14:13 schrieb S Barmeier:

> Dear CJK experts,
>
> I am looking to add furigana (readings) above the Kanji (Chinese characters) in a Japanese text.
>
> In XeTeX I'd be used to something translating to
>
> \usemodule[simplefonts]
> \usemodule[ruby]
> \starttext
> \ruby{今日}{こんにち}は
> \stoptext
>
> What would be the correct command for mkiv?

You wrote it yourself above but you need at least a font with japanese characters.

Wolfgang

* Re: Furigana
@ 2010-10-20 11:55   ` Yury G. Kudryashov
From: Yury G. Kudryashov @ 2010-10-20 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

S Barmeier wrote:

> Sorry to keep going on about this, but trying to load the
> project/environment with either of
>
> \project myproject
> \environment myenvironment
>
> in the component (directly after \startcomponent) gives me an error. It
> compiles fine without these commands, but then the \ruby command does
> not work. What am I doing wrong?
Could you please provide a small example?

* Re: Furigana
@ 2010-10-20 11:43     ` S Barmeier
From: S Barmeier @ 2010-10-20 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/20/2010 09:30 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 20-10-2010 6:25, S Barmeier wrote:
>> Sorry to keep going on about this, but trying to load the
>> project/environment with either of
>>
>> \project myproject
>> \environment myenvironment
>>
>> in the component (directly after \startcomponent) gives me an error. It
>> compiles fine without these commands, but then the \ruby command does
>> not work. What am I doing wrong?
>
> is \startcomponent followed by a name?
>
> \startcomponent myname

* Re: Furigana
@ 2010-10-20  7:30   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2010-10-20  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20-10-2010 6:25, S Barmeier wrote:
> Sorry to keep going on about this, but trying to load the
> project/environment with either of
>
> \project myproject
> \environment myenvironment
>
> in the component (directly after \startcomponent) gives me an error. It
> compiles fine without these commands, but then the \ruby command does
> not work. What am I doing wrong?

is \startcomponent followed by a name?

\startcomponent myname

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Furigana
       [not found] <mailman.3.1287309602.12754.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-10-20  4:25 ` S Barmeier
From: S Barmeier @ 2010-10-20  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Sorry to keep going on about this, but trying to load the
project/environment with either of

\project myproject
\environment myenvironment

in the component (directly after \startcomponent) gives me an error. It
compiles fine without these commands, but then the \ruby command does
not work. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.
Severin
>> Thank you, it's almost working. I am making use of projects, products,
>> environments and components.
>> My \usemodule[ruby] sits in my environment file, but I'm using the \ruby
>> command down in the component file. The environment is only called in
>> the project file, but the component links back to the product (with
>> \product - I guess that's how you do it?) and the product back to the
>> project. The error occurs, no matter at which level
>> (project/product/component) I am compiling. Do I really need to call the
>> module in each component? I thought the component should trace back to
>> the higher levels to find which modules to load...
>>
> Load the project or the environment file in your component.
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: Furigana
@ 2010-10-16 13:44   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-10-16 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)