* \setuphead for all existing sections
@ 2015-04-17 10:00 Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2015-04-17 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hello,

is there a way to affect (setup) all sections that have been defined, like:

----
\setuphead[*][distance=1.5em]
----

instead of:

----
\setuphead[part,chapter,section,subsection,subsubsection][distance=1.5em]
----

The latter way needs to know all section names;
the former way allows to modify them all, without knowledge of their individual names.

Best regards,

Lukas

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:LPr@pontex.cz
Pontex s. r. o.      | mailto:pontex@pontex.cz | http://www.pontex.cz

Tel: +420 241 096 751
Fax: +420 244 461 038

* Re: \setuphead for all existing sections
@ 2015-04-17 16:35 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-17 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/17/2015 12:00 PM, Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there a way to affect (setup) all sections that have been defined, like:
>
> ----
> \setuphead[*][distance=1.5em]
> ----
>
> instead of:
>
> ----
> \setuphead[part,chapter,section,subsection,subsubsection][distance=1.5em]
> ----

Hi Lukáš,

\setupheads[distance=1.5em] should do the work.

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: \setuphead for all existing sections
@ 2015-04-20 18:43   ` Lukáš Procházka
From: Lukáš Procházka @ 2015-04-20 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Pablo,

\setupheads doesn't work for this - see the test:

----
\setupheads[distance=1in]
\setuphead[subsection][distance=2in]

\starttext
   \section{Sec}
     \subsection{Subsec}
\stoptext
----

Subsection has the specified distance of 1 in, whilst the section doesn't.

Section was altered by \setupheads, whilst subsection by \setuphead.

Wiki http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupheads says that \setuphead has some more options than \setupheads.

- I guess it would be nice that \setupheads handles the "distance" key, too.

Best regards,

Lukas

--

@ 2015-04-20 19:00     ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2015-04-20 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/20/2015 08:43 PM, Lukáš Procházka wrote:
> Hello Pablo,
>
> \setupheads doesn't work for this - see the test:

Hi Lukáš,

sorry, I thought that the plural of \setup... had the same options than
its singular form. My fault, since I was totally wrong.

I agree that it would be useful to have the same options from \setuphead
in \setupheads.

Pablo

--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: \setuphead for all existing sections
@ 2015-04-20 22:38     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-04-20 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 20.04.2015 um 20:43 schrieb Lukáš Procházka <LPr@pontex.cz>:
>
> Hello Pablo,
>
> \setupheads doesn't work for this - see the test:
>
> ----
> \setupheads[distance=1in]
> \setuphead[subsection][distance=2in]
>
> \starttext
>  \section{Sec}
>    \subsection{Subsec}
> \stoptext
> ----
>
> Subsection has the specified distance of 1 in, whilst the section doesn't.
>
> Section was altered by \setupheads, whilst subsection by \setuphead.
>
> Wiki http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupheads <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupheads> says that \setuphead has some more options than \setupheads.

The \setupheads command is only a synonym for \setuphead but there can be a difference between

    \setuphead[..,..=..,..]

and

    \setuphead[<section][..,..=..,..]

Wolfgang

* Re: \setuphead for all existing sections
@ 2015-04-21  6:55       ` Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
From: Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. @ 2015-04-21  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 00:38:18 +0200, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:

> The \setupheads command is only a synonym for \setuphead but there can be a difference between
>
>     \setuphead[..,..=..,..]
>
> and
>
>     \setuphead[<section][..,..=..,..]
>
> Wolfgang

confirmed:

----
\setuphead[distance=2in]

\starttext
  \section{Sec}
    \subsection{Subsec}
\stoptext
----

the code above doesn't change the section "distance", either.

Lukas

--

@ 2015-04-21  8:15         ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2015-04-21  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 21.04.2015 um 08:55 schrieb Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. <LPr@pontex.cz>:
>
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 21 Apr 2015 00:38:18 +0200, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The \setupheads command is only a synonym for \setuphead but there can be a difference between
>>
>>    \setuphead[..,..=..,..]
>>
>> and
>>
>>    \setuphead[<section][..,..=..,..]
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> confirmed:
>
> ----
> \setuphead[distance=2in]
>
> \starttext
> \section{Sec}
>   \subsection{Subsec}
> \stoptext
> ----
>
> the code above doesn't change the section "distance", either.

The global setting is ignored because part, chapter and section already have a preset
value for the distance key which is used instead of the global value.

The section below section (subsection, subsubsection etc.) ignore the global setting
as well because subsection inherits the value from section.

Wolfgang