* different vertical space with \definelines and \setuplines
@ 2012-12-09 19:08 Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2012-12-09 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

I have the following sample:

\definelines[narrow][before=\blank,after=\blank]
\stopsetups

\starttext
This is a paragraph.\par
\startnarrow
this is a verse

this is a verse
\stopnarrow
This is paragraph.\par
\stoptext

If I replace \definelines with \setuplines, before and after aren't honored.

\definelines adds an extra paragraph separation space within the lines
that isn't inserted with \setuplines.

Is this intended?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: different vertical space with \definelines and \setuplines
@ 2012-12-09 19:25 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-12-09 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.12.2012 um 20:08 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez <oinos@web.de>:

> Hi Hans,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
> \definelines[narrow][before=\blank,after=\blank]
> \stopsetups
>
> \starttext
> This is a paragraph.\par
> \startnarrow
> this is a verse
>
> this is a verse
> \stopnarrow
> This is paragraph.\par
> \stoptext
>
> If I replace \definelines with \setuplines, before and after aren't honored.
>
> \definelines adds an extra paragraph separation space within the lines
> that isn't inserted with \setuplines.
>
> Is this intended?

1. When you add a blank line in a “lines” environment context inserts the value from the “inbetween” key.

\starttext
\startlines[inbetween=INBETWEEN]
this is a verse

this is a verse
\stoplines
\stoptext

You can remove the line by setting “inbetween=”.

2. The \startnarrow command is already defined in the core as narrower command.

\definenarrower[mynarrow][left=4em,default=left]

\starttext

Normal Text.

\startnarrow
Indented Text.
\stopnarrow

Normal Text.

\startnarrow[mynarrow]
Indented Text.
\stopnarrow

Normal Text.

\stoptext

3. Replacing \definelines with \setuplines changes nothing because you haven’t created a lines environment with the name “narrow” yet.

Wolfgang