* Success and a question.
@ 2006-07-26 22:59 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2006-07-26 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I successfully updated to the latest cont-tem zip but it wasn't
easy.

Karl Berry suggested the following:

cd $TMPDIR
dir=`pwd`
wget http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
cd /wherever/texmf-dist
unzip -t $dir/cont-tmf.zip >/tmp/z
unzip -q $dir/cont-tmf.zip

rm web2c/natural.tcx
mv web2c/context.cnf ../texmf/web2c

# [stuff to update the repository]

I did the above with embellishments. Since I have had continual
trouble, even when I reloaded texlive 2005, I started with a new
partition (Slackware 10.2) and a fresh texLIve installation. I
followed the Berry routine. At the end I did:
 texhash
fmtutil --all
texhash
(One cannot do texhash too often.) I tested this on
a known file and it worked. Now I went to my production
partition, wiped out the "2005" directory and copied the 2005
directory from my test partition. After the usual texhash and
fmtutil bowing and scraping I now have an up-to-date context
installation that seems to work OK.

Now for the question:
When I process a tex file with texexec I get a pdf file and a
warnig message that says "warning use tekmfstart texecec
instead."  Well the bare texexec seems to work OK but the
command;
texmfstart texexec book.tex
exits immediately with no output.

Am I using texmfstart correctly?

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

* Re: Success and a question.
@ 2006-07-26 23:04 ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2006-07-26 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

did you make texmfstart.rb executable? as well as all the ruby scripts?