Taco Hoekwater wrote: > Michael Green wrote: > > I would like to have a list of references sorted alphabetically by > > author surnames. > > > > My environment file has \setupbibtex[sort=author] and > > \setuppublications[sorttype=bbl] > > You probably have two \setupbibtex commands then, and that is > currently not allowed. > > The \setupbibtex command with the database= line wins, and if that > one doesn't have a sort=, the default cont-no.bst will be used. > > Best wishes, > Taco That is exactly right: I did have two \setupbibtex commands. Thanks! mjg