* bib: potential range of bibliography styles?
@ 2005-03-23 20:32 dw
From: dw @ 2005-03-23 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings all,

I'm leaning towards experimenting with the bib module to see if I can
arrive at a usable "Semiotics Society of America" reference section,
which is a historically layered style, along the lines of:

---

PEIRCE, Charles S.
	1859. "An Essay on the Limits of Religious Thought Written to Prove
That We
		  Can Reason Upon the Nature of God", MS 53, in W1:37-40
	1982. Writings of Charles S. Peirce: a Chronological Edition, ed. Max
Fisch,
		  Peirce Edition Project. Five volumes. (Bloomington: Indiana
University
		  Press, 1982-98).

TEILHARD de Chardin, Pr. P.
	1961. (posthumously). Hymn of the Universe (New York: Harper & Row
		  Torchbooks, English Edition, 1965).
	1957. (posthumously). The Divine Milieu (New York: Harper & Row
Colophon
		  Books Edition, 1968).

---

Aside from all the niggling details (which I'm sure could be worked
out), is this kind of layout in general possible—all citations going by
year underneath a single instance of the author? …or am I doomed to
forever make these by hand? ;)

Regards,
David

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/enriched, Size: 1174 bytes --]

Greetings all,

I'm leaning towards experimenting with the bib module to see if I can
arrive at a usable "Semiotics Society of America" reference section,
which is a historically layered style, along the lines of:

---

PEIRCE, Charles S.

	1859. "An Essay on the Limits of Religious Thought Written to Prove
That We

		  Can Reason Upon the Nature of God", MS 53, in W1:37-40

	1982. <italic>Writings of Charles S. Peirce: a Chronological Edition,
</italic>ed. Max Fisch,

		  Peirce Edition Project. Five volumes. (Bloomington: Indiana
University

		  Press, 1982-98).

TEILHARD de Chardin, Pr. P.

	1961. (posthumously). <italic>Hymn of the Universe </italic>(New
York: Harper & Row

		  Torchbooks, English Edition, 1965).

	1957. (posthumously). <italic>The Divine Milieu </italic>(New York:
Harper & Row Colophon

		  Books Edition, 1968).

---

Aside from all the niggling details (which I'm sure could be worked
out), is this kind of layout in general possible—all citations going
by year underneath a single instance of the author? …or am I doomed to
forever make these by hand? ;)

Regards,

David

* Re: bib: potential range of bibliography styles?
@ 2005-03-23 20:43 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-03-23 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

dw@trichotomic.net wrote:
> Aside from all the niggling details (which I'm sure could be worked
> out), is this kind of layout in general possible—all citations going by
> year underneath a single instance of the author? …or am I doomed to
> forever make these by hand? ;)

I'd say it is doable, but not trivial. ;-)

You need to use \setupbibtex[sort=author], of course.  I you can
make it come out like below (all that should be doable using just
the documented features of the bib module), then I will help you
'compress' the repeating authors afterwards, ok?

   PEIRCE, Charles S.
   1859. "An Essay on the Limits of Religious Thought Written to Prove
That We
   Can Reason Upon the Nature of God", MS 53, in W1:37-40

   PEIRCE, Charles S.
   1982. Writings of Charles S. Peirce: a Chronological Edition, ed. Max
Fisch,
   Peirce Edition Project. Five volumes. (Bloomington: Indiana
University Press, 1982-98).

Greetings, Taco

* Re: bib: potential range of bibliography styles?
@ 2005-03-23 20:52   ` dw
From: dw @ 2005-03-23 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Excellent, I'll take it up soon!

Regards,
David

@ 2005-03-24 18:11   ` David Wooten
From: David Wooten @ 2005-03-24 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hm. A quick question—is there a way to call "all true upper case"
(instead of {\sc small caps})? I haven't been able to track this down
in the usual places. For myself the small caps are preferable, but
they're not "officially sanctioned" :).

@ 2005-03-24 18:22     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-03-24 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Wooten wrote:
> Hm. A quick question—is there a way to call "all true upper case"
> (instead of {\sc small caps})? I haven't been able to track this down in
> the usual places. For myself the small caps are preferable, but they're
> not "officially sanctioned" :).

I have to guess a bit on what the 'official' ConTeXt way is to
get all uppercase text, but I think this is it:

   \uppercased{all caps}

Greetings, Taco

* Re: bib: potential range of bibliography styles?
@ 2005-03-25 17:58       ` David Wooten
From: David Wooten @ 2005-03-25 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)