* Index formatting difference LMTX and MkIV
@ 2020-08-26 23:37 Rik Kabel
From: Rik Kabel @ 2020-08-26 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list,

I have an index which uses multilevel indexing (a+b+c) to insert entries
which contain snips of text. LMTX behaves differently from MkIV when
trimming that text, resulting in line wrapping which does not happen
with MKiV. I am not sure when this began -- I just picked up work again
on this project this week after a hiatus of a couple of months.

This does not occur in every instance, but it happens often enough in
this 20 page two-column index to add another full page, and it looks
ugly in comparison (although perhaps no index looks good).

The source is the same for both LMTX and MkIV. There is no explicitly
conditional coding.

With MkIV, I get:

With LMTX, I get:

I am struggling to prepare a MWE, but will try to do so if there is no
obvious difference to those who ken the code. The problem may not be
unique to register creation, but I have not noticed other appearances of
the issue in the text.

--
Rik