On 9/7/07, William S. wrote: > The guidelines specify that captions for code which is longer than one page > or crosses page boundaries should be reprinted and the title changed to > (continued). > > example: > > Program Segment 1.1: Hello World > #include > main() { > > ...on next page... > > Program Segment 1.1: (continued) > printf("hello world!\n"); > } > Thanks to Wolfgang's help the splitting problem is solved. However, after the float is split, the captions get extra numbers (1.1.A, 1.1.B, etc). I tried to "solve" this by using \setupfloatsplitting[conversions=...] but even if I defined a conversion that prints nothing, the caption would look like "Program Segment 1.1." (the final separator is still printed). I suppose a better way would be to override the command that makes the captions (\setupcaption[ProgramSegment][command=...]) so that it prints the real caption text in the first part, and "(continued)" in the next parts. However, I've searched the mailing list archive and I can't find an example on what to put inside the command. Can someone give me a clue as to what I should put inside the command or maybe someone will have a better idea (maybe using \setupfloatsplitting[inbetween=...])? I've attached a slightly modified version of Wolfgang's document (I added a conversion for the setupfloatsplitting). Thanks, William.