* Allow pagebreaks in footnotes
       [not found] <aaf64e33-8507-6e4c-97b4-a53a1067ce5b@denismaier.com>
@ 2020-09-18 21:10 ` denis.maier.lists
From: denis.maier.lists @ 2020-09-18 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi

Is there a setting that prevents footnotes from spreading over more than
one page? I have a document where this seems to be the case, but I don't
know why. It just looks like ConTeXt tries to keep the complete footnote
on one page, which leads to ugly white space at the end of almost every
page. (LaTeX has \interfootnotelinepenalty to customize this, but what
about ConTeXt?)

Best
Denis

* Re: Allow pagebreaks in footnotes
@ 2020-09-19 10:03   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-09-19 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/18/2020 11:10 PM, denis.maier.lists@mailbox.org wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there a setting that prevents footnotes from spreading over more than
> one page? I have a document where this seems to be the case, but I don't
> know why. It just looks like ConTeXt tries to keep the complete footnote
> on one page, which leads to ugly white space at the end of almost every
> page. (LaTeX has \interfootnotelinepenalty to customize this, but what
> about ConTeXt?)
split=strict|verystrict|tolerant

we're tolerant by default

Hans

* Re: Allow pagebreaks in footnotes
@ 2020-09-19 14:30     ` Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-09-19 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks. I'll need to check what happens here.