From: Andreas Schneider <aksdb@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: PDF Signature Fields
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2016 17:04:10 +0100	[thread overview]

Very good point(s).

Just for more reference:
We use such forms heavily in-house, sometimes with a multi-stage
approach.
Example: the employee fills out his details, etc., and signs that part.
The fields he had to fill are now locked (but saved, ofcourse ;-)). That
PDF is now sent to his or her boss, who fills out the organisational
details, and signs that part. Finally the PDF goes to HR or whoever who
gives the final signature. Since all employees have signature cards
(chips with PKCS signatures on them) the whole process get's safe,
accountable and paper-free. In the past stuff like this required
printing, hand-signing, scanning, sending, printing-again, ... you get
the idea.
These forms are currently handcrafted using Acrobat.

I will analyse the resulting PDF streams, try to match that against the
PDF spec and what the eforms-package does.
If that lines up, I'll provide the necessary details here.

Thank you Hans and Alan! :-)